cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter named "return" does not work when calling a Web Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

I copied function WRF_MATERIAL_MAINTAINDATA_RT to a new function with name Z_WRF_MATERIAL_MAINTAINDATA_RT, and created a new web service based on that new function. The function has a table parameter called "return", and so does the WSDL generated from that function.

When I generate a stub from that WSDL on the client side by using Axis 1.4, the generated stub has parameter called "_return" (note the leading underscore) in place of the parameter "return". Return is a reserved word in Java.

The table parameter "_return" is always empty after the web service call. I have checked with debugger on the SAP side that the function Z_WRF_MATERIAL_MAINTAINDATA_RT does return some rows in that parameter!

Is this a bug in Axis??? Do you know any work-arounds (other than renaming the parameter to something like "return1")?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was not with the parameter name. The problem was that the holder in the calling side had not been allocated properly.

i827647
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Juhani,

Do you try to execute the Web Service with SoapUI or XMLSpy??

I think that is not a problem with abap side, but with java. I recomend to you use the following prefix in function modules:

IMPORTING: I_

EXPORTING: E_

TABLES: T_

Regards,

Edson Thomaz