Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Netweaver 7 SR2 and Netweaver 7 SR3

boobboo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Guys,

Can anyone tell me the difference between Netweaver 7 SR2 and Netweaver 7 SR3, I have a question out with SAP regarding the supportability of SCM 5.1 on Windows 2008.

The response I got back was that SCM 5.1 is based on Netweaver 7 SR2, but it was my understanding that the SR designation was for the level of support packs and kernel upon vanilla installation. Have I missed something fundamental, because my SCM installation is patched to the highest level and therefore surpasses the patch and kernel levels provided by Netweaver 7 SR3.

TIA

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find the support package levels here:

Note 789220 - Support Package levels for Netweaver installations/upgrades

Note 850038 - Support Package levels for SCM/APO installations/upgrades

With SCM I assume you mean SCM 2007 - which was a "between" release.

Markus

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

How to check which one we have installed,SR2 or SR3.

Regards

Arif Siddiqi

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arif Siddiqi

What is the point of checking if you have installed SR2 or SR3 ?

If you have to install, I would recommend using the latest available DVD's so you start on a higher support package stack level straight away from the initial installation (less effort compared to using old DVD's and applying support package stacks).

If you are in an existing landscape and you have to add a new SAP system to that landscape, it depends on which type of SAP system it is, you might be better off doing a system copy to avoid issues and to ensure you have a SAP system that is setup in a similar way.

For example:

Installing SAP sytem AD1 using SR2 dvd's and then doing the support package stacks (you can get SR3 level) can give a different number of entries in language tables than installing SAP system AA1 using SR3 dvd's. If you would want to match AA1 in the same landscape to AD1 you should follow the same path by using the SR2 dvd's and doing the support package stacks in the same way.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Also a major difference between SR2 and SR3 is that you can't install a NON-UNICODE system with SR3 anymore.

With SR3 you can only install UNICODE systems.

Kind regards,

marcel

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

a service release (SR) is just adding up several service packs (SP) to make installation easier for you. This way (by using SR's) you need only one update run, otherwise you had to install them on after another.

So, if you installed all SP up to the SR3, you do fulfill the condition. If support telly you that some software supports a certain level of SR, this should include all higher levels also - except there is a note that says anything else...

Regards,

Benny