cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex compilation error: line exceeds 32k span

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to execute my application being developed in VC7.0 (nw04s sneak preview version) using tabbed layers. I have 3 layers and has the following UI components

1 tab/layer: input form

2 tab/layer: table control

3 tab/layer: table control

Following is the error from the source Viewer window

<b>com.myComp.myProduct.8J.Empdetailsview</b>

Error in executing a process for Flex compilation, Error: Branch between 8421 and 41193 around line 0 exceeds 32K span. If possible, please refactor this component.

(E:\usr\sap\J2E\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\GUIMachine_Business_Packages\empModel_18608\FLEX_COMPILATION_FOLEDR\AAD8J-generated.as:2188)

Error: Branch between 8421 and 41193 around line 0 exceeds 32K span.

Failed to compile AAD8J.mxml

PS: Initially I had a table and chart controls in my second layer (no 3rd layer then) and got the same error however, after removing the chart contrl, the app begun to run.

Now I added a 3rd layer which has one table contrl only and now the app is not working. I also have eventing between my layers..

Please help

Thanks

Sathish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The 32k issue id pretty hard to get rid of once it starts, instead of using the 3rd layer, try and create a nested iview, you can also try and use a nested iview for each layer, this is a bit more complicated to do but does seem to workaround the 32k problem.

Jarrod

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to note 936390. It seems to be relevant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabi,

Yes definitely it is. I tried to add an empty layer as per the solution but still running into the same deployment failed error..

Any idea??

Thanks

Sathish