SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VKP7 - Reverse Prices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

I have a question on the best way to reverse retail changes. From what I understand so far VKP7 is one way to reverse a retail change. I tried testing this in our QA environment and it took quite some time for the transaction to complete. Below is my testing plan:

1) Executed a price change for one article and one site using VKP5 for a future date

2) Using SAP transaction VKP7 I entered in the pricing document.

3) Once the pricing document opened I navigated over to the tool bar and selected the Pricing Document --> Reverse Prices

4) Stated the transaction. It took over 5 minutes to complete.

So, some questions I have:

1) Is there another transaction that is recommended to reverse retail changes?

2) Is there a way to run VKP7 in the background?

3) Is there any risk of reversing a price changes whether it's a site level vs a sales organization change?

I am using SAP R/3. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards-

Mark

1 REPLY 1

former_member335292
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

The best way to reverse the price would be to use VKP7(however,you still can do price changes using VK12 - with the help of condition records - based on Site/DC/PL level)

You can use VKPB - For sales price calculation which can be scheduled to run in the background.This transaction also helps you to activate price changes (Absolute/Percentage) especially for seasonal articles.

Risk using at Site level/S.org level - depends on the number of articles impacted which decides the time taken for the change to reflect,otherwise it should not be a problem

Hope it helps.

Rgds,

Aram.