Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple invoice line items posted as single line item in FI

Piyush
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

My client has a specific requirement.

We are required to maintain a rebate condition at item level. In the invoice the values of rebate conditons are appearing as per the line item. This rebate condition has been maintained as statistical and accrual key has been assigend to it. Respective configuration has been done in VKOA. Accural check box has been activated for the rebate condition type.

Now when we are posting the invoice to FI, client requires that instead of line item wise posting of accrual amount it should post entire accrual amount in the single line item. In other words it is like posting of header amount directly, without any line item wise splitting.

Please help me ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Piyush Ranpura

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to post single line item instead of multiple line item of rebate you would be required to follow the material group rebate process.

In this process you will proceed as follows:

1.Create a new rebate condition type (by copying standard one) for Material group rebate and assign in pricing procedure alogwith with accrual key etc.

2.Create Volume rebate group and assign the same on all materials for which rebate is allowed (it can be maitained in sales org2 view of material master)

3.Create settlement material (Infact the rebate credit memo will be settled against this material code,put its name as "rebate settlement")

4.Now maintain the rebate condition record, the system will prompt to enter the settlement material.

5.When accrual will be paid a single line item credit memo and hence a single GL entry will be generated.

Check and revert.

Regards

Sanjay

Piyush
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am thankful for your replies. But probably I was not able to put the issue is the proper manner. Let us consider this example -

Mat. codes - M1, M2, M3 & M4 Rebate cond. - ABCD Accrual key - ABC GL - 12345678

In the invoice, rebate values are determined as follows for the each line item -

For Line item 10, Material M1

ZSHA - 100

For Line item 20, Material M2

ZSHA - 125

For Line item 30, Material M3

ZSHA - 100

For Line item 40, Material M4

ZSHA - 75

While the invoice is released for accounting follwing entries are there

xx 1 xx

xx 2 xx

xx 3 100 12345678

xx 4 125 12345678

xx 5 100 12345678

xx 6 75 12345678

xx 7 xx

xx 8 xx

But my requirement is

xx 1 xx

xx 2 xx

xx 3 400 12345678

xx 4 xx

xx 5 xx

How it could be done?

Thanks & Regards

Piyush Ranpura

Edited by: Piyush Ranpura on Sep 1, 2010 9:10 AM

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the note 36353 explains the customizing to summarize the FI lines item.

Best regards,

Ivano.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is the expected behaviour. The concept of line item in posting document is different from line item in sales order or invoice.

In an invoice, though there is one item, the accounting document can have more than one item. It depends on the number of account keys, accrual keys and their corresponding GL account mapping in VKOA as applicable for that invoice. For every GL account, there will be one line item. If there are 10 line items in posting, it means that there are 10 GL accounts that the posting document is hitting.

So in ur case, as the rebate condition is always hitting a single GL account , it will have only one line. If you want line item wise posting (in that case to different GL accounts), you have to configure the condition table for acct determination accordingly and in each case VKOA should refer to multiple GL accounts. In this case, for every line item rebate condition, there will be a separate line item in accounting document.

Hope this clears your doubt.