cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Java Class not found in classpath" Error in DESIGNER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm trying to connect in Designer using a JDBC connection to MS SQL Server 2008. As per the instructions, I updated my jdbc.sbo file with the path to the existing two JAR files. However, I still get the following error when I try and connect in Designer: "Java Class not found in classpath : C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\jdbc\Drivers\sqlsrv". Of course, this error includes the drive path with the location to my JAR files. Any help in resolving this nagging issue is very GREATLY appreciated. Also, if anyone needs it I can post a copy of the jdbc.sbo file to this thread.

Thank you,

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Assuming that you are using BO XI 3.1 please make sure to download and setup the Microsoft JDBC 1driver .2 for SQL Server 2005 (although you are connecting to SQL Server 2008)

Do you have any Service Packs installed on the BO side?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Stratos, we are working BO XI R3 with SP2.5 installed on our environment. Did you need any further information from me?

Thank you again,

Pankaj

0 Kudos

Not really. Just go for the MS SQL server 2005 jdbc driver as I mentioned in my previous posting.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stratos,

Your suggestion didn't help. I tried to connect after restarting my machine and I still get the error. And, I've also tried adding a connection to MS SQL Server 2005 using this JDBC driver, and that didn't help either. Any other suggestions? Would it help to see my "jdbc.sbo" file? Thanks again for your and everyone else's help, and I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Pankaj

Answers (0)