cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error /SAPAPO/MA840 in APO DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using APO release 5.0.

When trying to set up a new time bucket profile using fiscal year variants, I get error mesage /SAPAPO/MA840.

The error message is simply 'input error 8 in row 1.

Any ideas what this really means?

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For example if you have defined 3 periods in the Fiscal year and if you set the

number of periods as 10 then it extends upto 4 years. So, you either have to enter the enter the number of periods as 3 in the time buckets profile or extend the fiscal year variant for the past four years and future four years for it to work.

Regards,

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunitha,

I have a similar problem here. I have two Time Buckets Profiles in my situation. One is for 156 weeks (past) (APO_DP_Y2_156) and one is for 104 weeks (future). We are referring to a fiscal year variant (Y2) which at this point only goes out to 2013.

As a result we are getting an error message 'Input error 8 in row 1: See long text'. This error is generated when I try to maintain the time buckets profile of 156 weeks ((APO_DP_Y2_156) because the FYV does not go out 156 weeks.

We are not able to define our FYV out that far with certainty and don't want to take the risk of maintaining something that we may need to change later. We have changed FYV in the past and it is a lot of work since you have to deactivate liveCache and then reload it. Also, SAP does not recommend changing the FYV.

The problem here is that the Time Buckets Profile (APO_DP_Y2_156) is assigned to the planning book TB Profile ID (Past) but transaction /SAPAPO/TR30 does not know this and gives us an error message. I see this as a shortcoming of the software. Are there any ways around this? Perhaps a modification to this logic? Anyone else have a similar issue?

Regards,

Rumi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check is your Planning area initialized or not ?

Regards

Rahul Chitte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The period YYYMMDD is not consistent with periodicty P that was entered in the storage buckets profile for the planning area

After changing the FYV did you deinitialize and reinitialize your planning area. The definition of the FYV should be one year more both in future and past then the initializing horizon of the planning area.

Regards

Nagaraju