cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Adapter missing payload on receiving web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm having a problem with a File to (asynchronous) SOAP Adapter scenario that is currently baffling me.

I wonder if anyone out there has any troubleshooting ideas for this one?

The source message is being picked up OK and I can see from Communication Channel Monitoring on the Runtime Workbench that it is allegedly being delivered to the Web Service OK.

All the entries in the audit log point to a successful scenario and I can view the payload in the Message Content "payload" area.

However on the web service / server side the message is completely blank. Somewhere along the line the payload has gone missing.

I can copy and paste the payload manually into the web service test area and this is fine.

Any ideas/suggestions as to what could be happening with this or how I might go about troubleshooting it?

Many thanks

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member241146
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ian.

Maybe your mapping is a problem and the target message is generated in blank. Do you know if this mapping is ok?

Regards,

Bruno.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bruno,

It looks like you were right...

In the end we used Wireshark - a packet sniffing application - to check what was actually hitting the destination server. We found that the content was arriving at the server but the web service wasn't accepting the format. The creators of the web service are now investigating why and will hopefully will advide me of the format error in the message. But at least I was able to prove that the message was getting there which was the focus of this query.

Regards

Ian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

You can trace the SOAP calls using TCP gateway.

Refer the below blog for it:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/03/29/troubleshooting-soap-http-and-mail-adapter-scenarios-with-tcpgateway

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for your responses - very helpful.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

to check what is actually being delivered to the webservice, SAP gives you a utility called as TCP Gateway. you can find the details of it in the SOAP adapter FAQ note.