cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualified table issue........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a qualified table called "tax_codes" with two fields 1. taxcode ...... typ Lookup flat(tax code, desc), 2. country code typ lookup flat(country code, desc ). I have made taxcode as a qualifier and country code as a non qualifier.

Now my question is how to import this data into tax_codes table after populating these lookup tables. and How its gets linked with the main table.

I feel that both the fields in tax_codes tables are qualifiers, but If i make both qualifiers the system is poping up an error.(one non qualifer should be display field)

Also when I upload the data for lookup tables from excel, I get one more filed in the field mapping section(for source fields) called "Match Level/Type"........ why is this field appearing, when it is not in my source file.

Pls help..... thanks

regards,

ve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

To import into the qualified table used the display data for fields that are of type flatlookup.

In your import xml there will be two fields for qualified table one is qualifier and one is non qualifier.

For this two fields put data that will be display field data of lookuptables.

In yr case

taxcode ...... typ Lookup flat(tax code, desc),

country code typ lookup flat(country code, desc ).

take two fields one for taxcode and one for countrycode and put information of the display fields i.e. eithertaxcode or desc or both if both are display field.

Match Level/Type

copy from import manager guide page 363

Sometimes, however, you may want to actually store each new and updated recordu2019s match class / match type value combination in the repository itself, perhaps for user inspection, or so that a workflow can automatically branch or perform validations based on the value.

To support this requirement, the MDM Import Manager includes for every source table a virtual field named [Match Class/Type], which appears in: (1) the list of source fields in the Source Hierarchy; and (2) the Source Fields grid of the Map Fields/Values tab.

This field always contains nine values, each corresponding to one of the match class / match type value combinations (see Table 72 on page 352 for more information), which appear in the Value Conversion and Mapping grid of the Map Fields/Values tab when it is selected in the Source Fields grid.

You can then map this field to a destination field in the MDM repository, and then map each of its values to a corresponding value in the destination field, and MDM will then update the destination value for each imported record as part of the import.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

please check id you have any field Tax_code in your mailn table which should corrospond to the Qualified lookup table you have created.

Once this is checked, you will have to maintain the reference data in your Qualified look up table.

Once the reference data is set, try creating one record in the Main table which will populate the Qualified table entries for that perticular record.

Now, while importing for main table records, Connect to source and open the import map.

Import map will show all the destination and source fields.

Select the Qualified field from the Destination first and search for the same field in the surce field list.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

if you want to import qualifier records, you require to map one field in main table (e.g Material Number) then map non qualifier( for e.g country Code) and then map qualifier fields(for e.g Tax Code) and select matching field as main table field (for e.g Material Number) will import qualifier records

so in above example point in your excel sheet should contain three fields

1) Mateiral Number 2) Country Code 3) Tax code

Note : if you want to import qualifier table records in MDM you require to map atleast one field of main table and field should be display field other wise it will not allow to import qualifier table data

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel