cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in Service Desk Auto Email to User in Sattellite systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have configured Service desk on SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 on Windows 2003. I have integrated Satellite systems with Solution Manager. Now users of Satellite system can open a support message ticket to solution Manager. I have configured Auto Email to send with the status change to In process to the Reporter. But this is sending the BP users of Solution Manager only not the actual users. We need to configure in such a way that when a user from satellite system opens a ticket the Solution Manager should send an auto mail to that user in the satellite system or to the email ID of that Satellite system user. Please suggest whether this type of configuration is possible or not. Appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajay,

If you can send e-mails to BP users. I think you are done and that is the only way as you associate Solman user ID and the system and Sattellite systems on BP configuration.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Krishna,

Thank you for the reply. Actually I am new to Solution Manager concepts but our requirement is to notify logging of message to the creator from satellite system, who doesn't exist in solution manager.

*that is the only way as you associate Solman user ID and the system and Sattellite systems on BP configuration*

I didn't get the words you said above. Would you please explain. What I am doing is opening a message from satellite system and login to solution manager then to CRM_DNO_MONITOR there on the ticket I am manually assigning reporter (BP user) then after changing status to In process and save. Then I am able to get mail automatically where I have assigned my mailID to BP user (Reporter assigned on ticket).

Am I missing any of the process flow? I should assign reporter on ticket manually right or it should come automatically when message created?. Please give me your valuable time and some knowledge on this.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I would by pass explaining my statement here and see if I can help with your question(another reason is statement is not 100% accurate). I think now, I understand your question.

The missing link to avoid manually assigning reporter etc is allowing Satellite user to submit SLFN message as discussed in the following link. I did not configure this way as we allowed Consultants to login to Solman and create SLFN messages using transaction NOTIF_CREATE. By default config, users subit SLF1 so, use have to manually change reporter etc.

Yet, I think only BP users will receive messages when status is changed by central service desk person ( somebody will process/update status messages as users do not have login to Solman).

You need to configure transaction --> BP and add users and identification tab and mention satellite systems to pick correct system.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thank you for explaining. I have gone through the link you provided but as default the process_type is assigned to SLFN not SLF1. So I think there nothing for me to change, but still I am not getting the reported by or any other fields support message. All are coming empty in change mode. Any idea?

You need to configure transaction --> BP and add users and identification tab and mention satellite systems to pick correct system.

As you said I tried to configure BP user but confused what to provide in identification tab. Suppose I have user A in satellite system. So do I need to create BP user for user A in satellite system or solution Manager? and how can I link this user to pick as Reported by field in support message?. Please explain me to get some idea.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

BP --> Identification Tab details

In External BP Number : <SID> <Clientno> UserID { SID= Solman SID, Client no and User ID is BP user ID of that user)

ID type CRM001 and in identification Number : <SID> <Installation No> <Client no> <USerID> { SID -> Satellite system ID,Satellite system No, Satellite system ID of client, UserID} Leave space between SID Installatio no client no and User ID.

Add all required systems in each box..

BP --> Identification Tab details

In External BP Number : <SID> <Clientno> UserID { SID= Solman SID, Client no and User ID is BP user ID of that user)

ID type CRM001 and in identification Number : <SID> <Installation No> <Client no> <USerID> { SID -> Satellite system ID,Satellite system No, Satellite system ID of client, UserID} Leave space between SID Installatio no client no and User ID.

Add all required systems in each box..

Your question: You should create BP in Solman, not Satellite system.

Other responder got key valid points tooo regarding what you could achive..

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

chk this

[/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/09/18/sending-e-mail-from-support-message|/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/09/18/sending-e-mail-from-support-message]

and

Note 691303 - Sending E-Mail from message after status change

jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for the reply but I have already configured such a way in the note/ blog to send mail to reporter which exist in Solution Manager but I want a configuration like when a user "A" opens ticket from satellite system to solution Manager and the user "A" does not exist in Solman. Then the Service desk should send a auto reply to that user ticket to the user email ID of the creator "A" in satellite system.

I am still not sure whether that type of configuration is there or not. Please suggest.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello there,

In the standard, the way that the Service Desk finds an email address is through the email address assigned to the 'Reported by' business partner.

In the case of a user with no business partner creating a Service Desk message from the satellite system, there is a mention of the system user creating the message , as it is registered at the time of creating the SLF1 from the satellite system. But the problem is that there is no way to find an email address in the Solution Manager with just the name of the system user in another system. If in order to get this to work you need an extra table with the emails, you might just as well use BP_GEN and generate all the business partners and get the functionality to work the standard way. Sorry, I cannot really see a logic that would perform this with standard coding, a substantial ammount of coding would be needed to send email to the message reporter without any business partners in the Solution Manager.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel Ariño,

Thank you for the reply. Suppose I have created a common user in satellite system and solution manager system, Where should I need to create BP user for that user whether in solman or in satellite system? and what info need to be provided in tx BP (like identification tab)? So that when this common user open a ticket from satellite system does this pick up reported by field automatically since BP user exist in Solman for this user?

Does this work? Please give some idea.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello there,

- The business partners have to be set up at the Solution Manager.

- The business partners are there so that you don't need to create a Solution Manager user for each user in the satellite systems

- You can check SPRO, the IMG node:

SAP Solution Manager -> Cross-Scenario Settings -> Business Partners

has information on how to generate the business partners.

In the identification tab, you have to go to 'external ID', then enter ID type CRM001, and the ID number is composed with: system ID installation number client and username (all of this information regards the satellite system)

All of this is done automatically in the SPRO or in transaction BP_GEN.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna & Miguel Ariño,

Thanks alot for both of your time and help. I have configured almost every thing to send auto mails to reporter and support team. But only problem is smart form for reporter is not taking the new one instead in the mail it is giving the same old default one even though I have copied and changed. Opened a new Ticket for it.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna & Miguel Ariño,

Thanks alot for both of your time and help. I have configured almost every thing to send auto mails to reporter and support team. But only problem is smart form for reporter is not taking the new one instead in the mail it is giving the same old default one even though I have copied and changed. Opened a new Ticket for it.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After Saving the changes in the smartform you need to activate it otherwise changes will not be reflected. Check if that is the cause.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have activated it and rechecked in display mode it is showing active. I have created other form and assigned still same issue. One more thing if I assign the same form for other action it is working but not for this action. Please help me resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

This time, it may not be useful advice but,,

If this message delivery is working with another action I guess there may be problem with configuration of action you have recorded, worth recreating action.

Because the steps are graphical based can't be sure where you have problem.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

The action is working perfectly and sending mail to reporter when a new message is opened. I have assigned CRM_REMINDER_MAIl01 smart form as part of testing that was working fine but the only thing is when I have changed the smart form instead of default with custom one it is still sending the same old PDF one. I believe it is related to smart form since action is working perfectly. Do you suggest me to delete that action and recreate again? Does that help with out any problem?

Thanks,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do remember having similar problem before. I guess activation should resolve the problem if that did not, ignore that form or make a copy of edited one and assign newly created one to action which should make some difference.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already testing creating 2 forms activated and assigned but both were not working. This include I have assigned working smart form of other action to this still no use. What ever be the smart form sending the same old PDF with this action.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Edited by: Ajay_Basis on Sep 3, 2010 12:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for the help. I have deleted the old one and created new action assigning new Smart form now its working fine!.

Thanks,

Ajay.