cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high-volume printing of print-forms

kimmo_sirpoma
Participant
0 Kudos

In faq pages of SDN's adobe section, it is mentioned the term high-volume printing.

And this older thread refers that too:

What is meant with this context high-volume printing? I understand of course, that logically it means printing lots of print-forms from SAP applications (like thousands of invoices in massrun), but is that also a feature that you specifically "activate" or do something.

Notes 894389 and 1241866 says SAP has worked with the issue of performance on high-volumy printing of non-interactive forms and that should now already be fixed. From which netweaver release (or SAP ERP rel&ehp) onwards it can be consider fixed?

Are there any benchmarks between performance of Smartforms and AIF in a typical massrun?

As document gets rendered in ADS-service and the returned back to SAP appl. to be printed by SAP Spooler, I assume lots of overhead on network traffic and usage of SOAP-interface between ADS-service and SAP application. So there must be factor (x times) compared to similar form with made with Smartforms or SapScript.

Regarding that performance improvents declared by note 1241866, how it is achieved? By improments in ADS service and SOAP message handling between ABAP-stack and ADS-service? If that is the case, then I understand the technical netweaver versioning relation and I then assume that if existing ERP instance is ECC 6.x EHP3 or lower, you don't get the performance improvent.

I'd like to hear here some experiences of scenarios with high-volume using AIF print-forms.

scenario - number-of-docs/day - satisfied/not-satisfied.

br: Kimmo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

this is not a feature what you can activate. An up to date ADS installation is able to handle high-volmues. You should not have problems with an NW7.0 Stack 15 system.

The biggest changes happend on the ADS side to achive this, however there were improvements also on the ABAP stack.

I can not tell you exact results compared to SAPScript / Smartforms as there are many factors that influence this like Accessiblity, which is only supported by the ADS generated forms.

I hope we can welcome you in group of ADS users.

Best regards,

Dezso