cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring wbs elements bewteen project definitions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created many wbs elements under a single project definitions and now have financial posting against them. Is it possible to transfer some of the wbs elements to a new project defintion?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

You cant transfer WBSE to other project. If you want to move FI postings to other project WBSE then you can do it by manual reposting i.e by KB11N, condition is that profit center should be same for both the projects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can you ealaborate your requirement?

Is all your WBS elements are Released or not?

Note: Std behaviour is there should be unique Project at header level.

But if you want you can maintain many WBS elements at Level-1.

Vemula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not allowed in the standard system. However you can create a new project and transfer these postings to the new WBS created in the new project.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will I be able to use the same wbs element in the newly created project or will I have to use a new number?

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You required new no alwalys. Sys WBS no. X you hav used in projectr X1 than you cannnot use same WBS no. X in Y1 Project defination under any circumstances. Becasue it says you while creation WBS is already exist. Pelase create new WBs in other proeject accordign to your requirement.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

WBSE of new project will be created in line with defined coding mask. You cant use same WBSEs in various projects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only a few have financial postings against them:

1) Can the ones with no postings be transferred and retain the same wbs numbers or

2) can these be set to posting status FINO and reinumbered to something else, allowing me to use the original number in a new project definition.

As you can see, I am keen to retain the wbs element numbers in the new project definition.

Rich

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rich, there is nothing called transferring WBSE from one Project Definition to another. But you can do these.

1. Delete the WBSE, if there are no postings happend, and then create the WBSE with same id for the other project Definition.

2. Rename the WBSE id(for which the acutal cost exists) to some id, and then create the WBSE with the same id to other proejct definition..(i think it should work, check and come back)

But, I would like to ask you onething, why you want to mix up WBSE coding in a project. Suppose if your project Definition is A.001, then it is the good practice to maintain the WBSE which follows the code A.001.01, A.001.02 etc., From your post I understand that you want to create A.001 as project and A.001.01, A.111.01 as your WBS Elements. Why do you want to do like this?