Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit WBS element once Project is released

former_member198268
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unable to edit the WBS element once Project has been released. Is this SAP standard behaviour? Is yes, is there a way we can make this editable and is it advisable?

Please advice.

Regards,

Sophia Xavier

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member198268
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This case that I mentioned earlier about the problem in editing the WBS element once Project is released exists for system which has ALE active for Projects.

Is there a way we can resolve this? Sucn that WBS element can be resolved even after Project is released.

Regards,

Sophia Xavier

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sophia,

Close this thread and open a new one.

Praveen

former_member198268
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok. Thanks a lot. I will now check this from my side.

Regards,

Sophia Xavier

former_member198268
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The point is I am able to edit the WBS element before I have released the Project. But, once I have released the project the WBS element is blocked for changes.

Infact the WBS element is editable until the higher level WBS element is released. But finally when I release the Project and system status changes to REL, the WBS element is blocked for changes i.e., it is not editable.I am just trying to understand if this is standard behaviour of SAP that WBS element becomes ineditable only overall Project is released. If the WBS element has to be changed after release, is there a way out?

Regards,

Sophia Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, This is not the SAP std. behavior, are you using any User status, which locks the WBS element after Release, else it must be the authorization problem.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sophia Xavier,

It is because of Authorization lacking. Check the with transaction /nSU53, once you open the project, you must be missing the authorization for activity 45 Change WBSE number

Seek BASIS help.

Praveen

former_member198268
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I say I want to change the WBS element, I mean to change the WBS element a new one in the place of/instead of the released WBS element. Please let me know if this is possible or is the standard behaviour of SAP to disable change of WBS element once the Project has been released.

Regards,

Sophia Xavier

former_member198268
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to edit the WBS element in the overview screen of Project - Basic data tab. Infact, this was editable just before the Project was released. Once, after the Project was released and system status was set to Release; the WBS element was blocked. Unable to change the same further.

Regards,

Sophia Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here you can edit every thing project Type etc., but not System status and user Status all depends on the Field selection configuration.

Vemula

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sophie, If you are not able to edit the WBS Element data, then there is a possibility that the master data has been locked. Just check this, click the "i" icon near the system status, and see whether "MDLK" status has been activated to the WBSE or not. If it is there then you will not be able to edit the WBSE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Vemula. If there are already some postings agianst the released WBS it will be an issue. Let us know what you wish to change in the released WBS and maybe our contributors can see if there is a way to help you out.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you mention what do you want to edit.

Because, system permit you for edit some of the options but not all, if so, your posted data will be in mess.

Vemula