cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Extractor in SXMS_LMS_CONF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm trying to use the payload text search capabilities of PI (7.11). Our Basis guys have set it up and i have followed these instructions to setup up filters and extractors -

Link: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/c85598f63335bfe10000000a42189d/frameset.htm]

When i click 'Test Extractor' and put in the message ID i get the following error -

Incorrect Hexidecimal Digit

Does anyone know where i'm going wrong?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Provide correct message id (should not contain "-") underTest Extractor(for that filter interface).

Plz cross chk what u have done(refer from page:30):

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00a8defd-e400-2c10-faaf-8049d83d1...

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much. That was the issue.

My extractor works now when i test it. It finds the target text in the message. But when i try it from the NWA console it doesnt find anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u chked it in the same way as mentioned above??

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked it yes.

The only difference is that i'm using the NWA URL and the document uses the NWAPI URL.

Our Basis guys tell me that we cant use the NWAPI console in a production landscape, according to SAP its not advised.

So i have to use the NWA URL. The filter is there and i can use it but it just doesnt work like when i test it using the Test Extractor function where it does work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use ur NWA url.

NWA->SOA management-> Monitoring -> PI Message Monitoring -> Advanced ->(Choose Staus as "All" and change ur Time Period also) -> User-Defined attributes(under Select additional criteria)-> specify the value for that attribute -> select go.

When u do so u will get the entire detail of that message along with message content and logs.

(i have chked it and this is working for me) .

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still not working.

I notice that when i test the extractor in SXMS_LMS_CONF it finds the text i'm searching for in payload message version 5. Payload message version 0 to 1 it finds no filter.

Could this be the issue when i test it frmo NWA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitsri

When i go to "Select Additional Search Criteria" in the NWA page, i get a drop-down menu with three options:

• Message Header Data

• Technical Attributes

• Identifier

But i do no see an option for user defined attributes.

Please give some guidance as to where to find the User defined attributes.

thx

Robert

Edited by: R. den Hoedt on Aug 30, 2011 4:53 PM