cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download spool request to PDF file error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts:

My SAP system is 4.6c. I used FM CONVERT_OTFSPOOLJOB_2_PDF to download dunning form to PDF. But unfortunately, all the chinese character displayed # in the download pdf file. How to solve it? Is there any other FM can be used? Is there any notes can slove the problem?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

0 Kudos

hi the same problem coming here i am using ecc 46c ...spool chinease is coming but in spool it breaks down?

VijayCR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Wang,

i am also doing the same mail functionality for dunning.Please let me know where i can get the pool number in the Print program.

Thanks,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this Blog this will help you.

Prabhudas

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have a Unicode system, you can use the cascading fonts device type SWINCF to create the spool.(see SAP Note 812821) With this device type the language of the form is not important.

Regards,

Aidan

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To create PDF with simplified Chinese from SAP there are some rules. The spool must have been created by a simplified Chinese device type like e.g. CNSAPWIN. The language of the form used to create the spool must be ZH and Chinese fonts like CNSONG must be used for the Chinese characters in the sapscript or smartform.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aidan Black :

I have changed all the Chinese character to CNSONG and the output device is also right. Currently the form is using EN language version. It's a dunning letter which has the standard program. I can't modify the program to call the ZH language version of this form. I think this is the main reason. But the form is ok in spool. Just broken after download. Could you please help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this way

SELECT SINGLE * FROM tsp01 into rq WHERE rqident = p_spool  .
*Convert spool request into PDF, dependent on document type
IF rq-rqdoctype = 'OTF' OR rq-rqdoctype = 'SMART'.    "Doc Type is of Sap Script or Smart form

CALL FUNCTION 'CONVERT_OTFSPOOLJOB_2_PDF'
      EXPORTING
        src_spoolid              = p_spool               "Spool Request Number
        no_dialog                = 'X'
        pdf_destination          = 'X'
        no_background            = 'X'
      IMPORTING
        pdf_bytecount            = bin_size
        bin_file                 = pdf_xstring                  "This fm will convert the spool data into
     TABLES
        pdf                      = it_pdf   .                                                                       "PDF Format in this importing string
  ELSEIF rq-rqdoctype = 'LIST'.                 "Doc Type of List
* Convert spool to PDF
    CALL FUNCTION 'CONVERT_ABAPSPOOLJOB_2_PDF'
      EXPORTING
        src_spoolid              = p_spool               "Spool Request Number
        no_dialog                = ' '
        dst_device               = 'LOCL'
        pdf_destination          = 'X'
        no_background            = 'X'
      IMPORTING
        pdf_bytecount            = la_byte_count
        bin_file                 = pdf_xstring                     "This fm will convert the spool data into
                                                                              "PDF Format in this importing string
      TABLES
        pdf                      = it_pdf.
    ENDIF.

Prabhudas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I did the same coding as you. But my problem is Chinese character will display # in the download PDF file. That's why?