cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

submit button of ui element

Former Member
0 Kudos

on submit button of ui element i need to update the transaction pr05 in hr using the inputs that are filled by the user at runtime please let me know how to achieve this.

in this user will fill the data like expense type , date of journey, credit card type etc and after filling all this a submit button is there which will dump this data into pr05 and a pop will come stating trip has been successfully created.

i have with me the name of the program which update this pr05 when user enters the data in excel but now instead of excel he want to go for webdynpro,please suggest and let me know if you require any more details.

thanks

Atul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> i need to update the transaction pr05 in hr

I think this is your mistake. You should not be attempting to use the transaction to update the values. Instead you should be using the functions/classes used by Travel and Expense Management to process your update. ( which is not generally classed as part of HCM these days ) You may be able to submit the transaction with a BDC data - check you submit transaction ABAP statement - but I would strongly advise against this.

For finding out about the standard TEM functions, I think you will find more help in other forums, you've had multiple responses here which give you the WDA side of the work, none of which you seem to have acknowledged as useful, now you need to find out the TEM related components.

Please first search, then if you still can't find anything, post on the TEM forum -

Thanks,

Chris

abhishek_gupta2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Atul ,

You have first create UI elements for input fields and a submit button .

Next you have to create context nodes . Then bind these nodes with the corresponding UI elements .

Now when you create a button , you see a action on the UI , press create to create a corresponding action on submit button .

Now this create a action say "onaction_submit " .

Now in this method , you read the attributes of the context nodes using get attributes .

Once you read the attributes , pass these values to the HR function module to update the corresponding information captured and updates in the database .

Hope this helps you , please let me know if you any concerns .

Regards,

Abhishek Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I really appreciate all your responses regarding the same,

Actually the scenario is we have a old portal in which this travel expense form is there in the form of excel sheet and here in this portal when we press the submit button in backgroung a report is there in 4.6c which takes the location and name of the excel and update the transaction code pr05 in background.

Now we have updated to ECC6.0 and in our new portal here we do not want to use the standard sap Expense Form rather client wants to have the look and feel of this expense form to be the same as 4.6c version but no longer wants to use the excel sheet rather he wants to go for ABAP Webdynpro so here I will design the view as Excel sheet containing all the fields as excel but I do not have any idea how to populate the data by using that program which was there in 4.6c.

Thanks

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Atul,

You can use the Onaction event of the button . In the event handler , you can pass the data entered in the view from the context nodes to your update logic .

Thanks,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know how to pass the values entered by user at run time to transaction pr05 by using any submit button .......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must have binded the values entered(from input fields etc) to a context attribute . You can hence read those context attribute values in the ONACTION event handler and pass them them to the update method ( assuming that your update logic is in a method )as EXPORTING paramaters.

Suppose ur update logic is in a Function module , u can pass the context values to the function module.

Cheers,

Aditya.