cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC or BAPI for Actual period Locking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank You very much for reading this query.

I have to deveop the SE38 program with a selection screen which should contain following fields.

1) Controlling Area

2) Fiscal period,

3) Fiscal year

4) Version,

5) Actual/Plan

6) Lock/Unlock

7) Business transaction.

My requirement is if user creates a variant by giving proper values and runs the job, it should lock the given the business transactions.Functionally this task will be done by functional people in OKP1 transaction code (CO-Controlling.)

Please suggest me if any BAPI is there and shall I go ahead with BDC.

The problem if i go with BDC is, some times user may scroll down the table control depending on the given values. So how to satisfy this condition.

Thanks and Regards,

K.krishna Chaitanya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I doubt that there is a BAPI for period locking. The transaction uses OKP1 FM K_KAPSA_INSERT to create locks for periods It's not complicated FM, it just updates table KAPS. So you can try to use this function module to avoid BDC.

Cheers

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I know this is an old post, but in case someone else comes across it while searching for a solution to this same problem (as I did), Sanjeev Kumar has written a document, which, among other things, discusses using report RKCOOKP1 (Set Period Locks in Batch) to set or delete period locks in controlling (OKP1). In addition to scheduling a job for RKCOOKP1 as the document demonstrates, you could also call RKCOOKP1 programmatically with SUBMIT report ... AND RETURN.

Cheers,

Amy