Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting Table Row when its input field editor is clicked

former_member342279
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a webdynpro table. The table cells are editable input fields. when I click on any of the table cells, I would like to have the row of the clicked cell to be selected. The problem is that the input field has only 2 events - On Change and On Enter but it doesnt have something like OnClick. Please help..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

U have to explicitly click on the row of the table to select the complete row.

Regards,

Poojith MV

former_member342279
Discoverer
0 Kudos

HI Poojith,

This was not my intention. I cant ask the cutomers to click on the table row explicitly when he tries to click on a table cell. In fact,

my intention is to do this programatically, i.e, if the user clicks on a table cell, i would like select that particulare table row through my code.

Thanks,Nidin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nidin,

On your action :

Use parameter mapping to find the index of the row for which the user has clicked on the input field.

Then use this index to set lead selection of the table.

However I understand that the problem of which action to use remains

Regards,

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I would recommend is to associate a new boolean variable from the table's node (let's say enableFields) and associate the enable or read only property of the input field to it.

Then, when the user actually selects a row, and by using the onLeadSelect(), you can enable the fields setting enableFields to true (or false if you use readOnly)