Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usr02 and Suim records not in sync?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please advise Experts

How to get suim user records and USR02 records to be in sync currently USR02 is displaying 14000 odd records and suim

only only a few hundred.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Donovan,

propably you are in a (former) CUA central system. Users with no assignement to that system exist physically in usr02 but not logically in the system. Check usr02_ZBVMASTER.

b.rgds, Bernhard

9 REPLIES 9

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Donovan,

Normally the suim inconsitencies are solved in the newest SPs. what is the system version (Basis) you are using? Please, be sure you are using the latest SP available for your version. If the problem continues after that, can you please specify the exact report you are executing in SUIM?

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Blanca

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Donovan,

propably you are in a (former) CUA central system. Users with no assignement to that system exist physically in usr02 but not logically in the system. Check usr02_ZBVMASTER.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Thanks for the response

If I understand you correctly these users should then not have an su01 record?

0 Kudos

If you remove the logical system from the user in the SU01 master, it deletes the user ID from the local system but only removes the assignment from the central system.

The ID remains in USR02 as it might have other logical system assignments.

The user ID remains in SU01 until you delete the user ID centrally.

When you use SUIM reports, it reports on the users which are assigned to the logical system of the master itself.

Set a filter on USR02 field ZBVMASTER = <empty field>

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

When i execute the report as instructed I get 14000+ records. The same as before...

In viewing the records it seems that some records were maintained by a CUA_ADMIN user. This could possibly be the reason for the discrepancy between the records. It's possible that this was at one time a CUA system.

In terms of reporting which would be the most accurate? Which would be the most relaible "source of truth"?

0 Kudos

Hi,

usr02 is the leading table. Please select as mentioned by Julius in se16.

To clean up the system, remove all other users with ZBVMASTER=X (for instance in SU10, users shall be found there with F4 (by adress data).

b.rgs, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Thank you

When I do a reconciliation of the records the users excluded from se16 is the same number as the users reported in SUIM.

Total users in USR02 = 14,675

With exclusion in USR02 = 14,327 the diference is 348 (correct figure)

Total number reported in SUIM = 348 this is the correct figure for reporting purposes.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

USR02 also keeps deleted users data so you can find out using SUIM also about users that were deleted.

Markus

0 Kudos

USR02 does not keep deleted users data (in case of a standalone system w/o CUA).

b.rgds, Bernhard

Edited by: Bernhard Hochreiter on Aug 31, 2010 2:09 PM