cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message mapping in PI 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In XI 3.0, we have created some interfaces that now have to be migrated to PI 7. I know XI but I have no experience with PI 7. Now I have some problems during this migration:

1) From the IR, I exported a TPZ file from the software component we created, but how can I import this in PI? I used "import design objects" but then I get an error when I try to edit the object: "Original language Dutch for current object collides with permitted display or editing language EN"...

Then I can only display the object, not edit or even copy it...

2) in PI, how can I create a message mapping between 2 messagetypes? Basic question but I just can not find it.

Hope you can help me out. Thanks in advance,

William.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> In XI 3.0, we have created some interfaces that now have to be migrated to PI 7. I know XI but I have no experience with PI 7. Now I have some problems during this migration:

>

> 1) From the IR, I exported a TPZ file from the software component we created, but how can I import this in PI? I used "import design objects" but then I get an error when I try to edit the object: "Original language Dutch for current object collides with permitted display or editing language EN"...

> Then I can only display the object, not edit or even copy it...

>

The interfaces in XI 3.0 used default language Dutch, but in PI7.1 you have selected it as EN, this may be cause error.

> 2) in PI, how can I create a message mapping between 2 messagetypes? Basic question but I just can not find it.

>

it is simple, right click on name space-->select new-->then select Mapping Objects--> select message mapping new,then add your two message types

before that you have to create data type and message type.

Regards,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all, issue 1 is solved.

But the second question remains...when I right-click on the namespace, I do not get Mapping Objects...I only get these 4 choices: Modelling, Interface objects, Version creation and work area's. I opened all but nowhere I see "Mapping Objects". Is there a setting somewhere where I can set that this option will apear?

Regards

William

Edited by: JWD on Aug 31, 2010 10:56 AM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I opened all but nowhere I see "Mapping Objects". Is there a setting somewhere where I can set that this option will apear?

Select the Application Profile value as Unrestricted and then all the objects will be visible.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Click on the new button on the top, select mapping objects and create new mapping

Regard

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

thanks but where do I find this setting for Application Profile Value?

Regards,

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William

have a look at this blog

/people/abhishek.salvi/blog/2010/02/05/sap-pi71-selecting-the-application-profile

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot guys, that did the trick!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William ,

Contact your basis team if they can help you on this.I belive this is something to do with changing the defualt set

language at the time of installation.not sure but a guess,check with your Basis guys.

As you mentioned you might not be able to edit the "original Language"

or display Language in the SWCV after importing.If you are able to Edit then go ahead and change.

Similar question was raised but not answered:

If Basis team can'nt help then please write to SAP/raise OSS msg.

Regards,

Srinivas

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
"Original language Dutch for current object collides with permitted display or editing language EN"...

Then did you try changing the current display language for your user-id?