cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot Generate Before PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made a info records with QV51 with "After Delievery" option . Now when making delivery order with vl01n i save the DO without PGI .system is generating Inspection lot . I want to Know that Why system is Generating Inspection lot when saving the DO without PGI . ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inspection lot is generated based on the your materials master QM settings with the inspection type 10 or 11

QV51 will control will check wether this lot has been cleared or Not befrore you do the PGI

Thanks,

Rajanikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

check whethe inspection type 10/11/12 are activate din inspection setup of quality view in material master.

this may be the reson for inspection lot generation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If it is possible

to have an inspection lot genarete automatically after PGI?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inspection lots are always created when the delivery is created if the material is set up for inspection at delivery. They are never created at or after PGI. If the "by customer" indicator is set this is overridden and no lot is created.

The system uses the before/after indicator (which is really one indicator in the database table), to determine the system behavior at the time of the PGI.

FF

former_member494495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Its SAP default.

But if you maintained "before delivery " in customer record then after usage decision of the lot only it will allow to issue goods.

Since this is "after delivery" PGI is not considered for saving.

But in both method the inspection lot is generated first.

Regards,

Alagesan M

Edited by: M.Alagesan on Sep 3, 2010 3:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Customer Info will check the customer material combination after PGI & post the stock to appropriate pocket.

Lot will be created when you try to do PGI then only PGI is possible after UD.

I think its SAP default