cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Schedule Line category in Sales Order not relevant to MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to know whether the sales order having any schedule line category like CP, CN, etc will not be relevant for MRP. In other words, If I do the MRP run for the Sales Order Requiremnt having any Schedule Line Category in particular will not generate any procurement proposals like Planned order/ Purchase Requisitions. Please advice me on the same.

Regards

Brijesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in VOV6 schedule line setting "req./assembly "is main setting for generation Planned order and dependent order.

as per your requirement we need to change in settings In VOV5 (schedule ine assignment)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brijesh,

Please find some info related to scheduled lines below,

The various schedule line categories are controlled in different ways:

• The schedule line AT in inquiries is used only for information.

• No requirements are transferred and no availability check is carried out for the schedule lines BN and CN.

• Requirements are transferred and the availability of the material is checked for the schedule lines BP and CP.

• No stocks are managed for the schedule line categories BT, CT and CX. No goods issue is posted for the categories BT and CT. However, goods issue is posted for CX.

• The schedule line categories BV and CV are controlled in the same manner as the categories BN and CN. However, requirements can be passed on for analysis purposes.

• Goods receipt is posted for the schedule line DN in a returns document.

• The schedule line categories CN, CP, CT, and CV are relevant for delivery; the other schedule line categories are not.

*Control Elements for Schedule Line Categories

• Different schedule line categories are permitted according to the sales document type and item category you are using. You can use control elements to tailor the schedule line categories to meet the special demands of your installation. You can also define new schedule line categories.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murthuza, Raju for your inputs. As I am from PP background, I would like to know

1) whether the system will not create PR/ Planned Orders for sales orders having certain Schedule Line (CP, CN, etc) after the MRP run. If so, which are those?

2) And also Murthuza had mentioned that for schedule line CN, it will not transfer the requirements. What is Transfer of Requiremnents. Can you please explain?

Can you please advice on the above two points?

Thanks

Brijesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These CP,CN schedule line categories are related to SD configuration part.

CP- Is standard schedule line category for avilability check, TOR's.

CN--There are no TOR's, availability checks.

Transfer of requirements -Whenever create sales order there are schedule lines which contains delivery quantity, delivery dates.These information transfers to production to procure the materials.

To run these MRP's - There are some settings.

Need to define requirement class , define the requirement type and assign this requirement type to requirement class.

Maintain MRP views with required fields in concern material master records .

Regards

Jagan

Edited by: Jagan Mohan on Aug 31, 2010 4:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback. The issue has been resolved