cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical Operator list t oend users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way that we can provide Logical operator also in the filter/prompt, for the end user in WebI on top of a SAP BW universe?

Ex: User has to select a logical operator(like <,<=,>,>=,= etc) and value for a 'Net Due Date' filter

Tried searching the forum, but did not get the proper work around.

Thank you in advance.

---Veera

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible.

Here is a sample based on @CALYEAR characteristic

<FILTER KEY="@Select(Calendar Year\L01 Calendar Year).[TECH_NAME]">
<CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="@Prompt('Select operator','A:A',{'Equal':'Equal','Not Equal':'NotEqual','Greater':'Greater','Less':'Less','Greater or Equal':'GreaterOrEqual','Less or Equal':'LessOrEqual'},mono,primary_key,persistent,{'Equal':'Equal'})">
<CONSTANT TECH_NAME="@Prompt('Select year','A','Calendar Year\L01 Calendar Year',Mono,Primary_Key,Persistent)"></CONSTANT>
</CONDITION></FILTER>

Here is the prompt definition you have to create instead of a static value for the OPERATORCONDITION:

@Prompt('Select operator','A:A',{'Equal':'Equal','Not Equal':'NotEqual','Greater':'Greater','Less':'Less','Greater or Equal':'GreaterOrEqual','Less or Equal':'LessOrEqual'},mono,primary_key,persistent,{'Equal':'Equal'})

Regards

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Didier,

Thank for your update.

I used the Prompt definition that you provided to my customized filter.

The Operator Condition is coming as a new prompt and displaying all the operators. But when I cross check the data by selecting different operators, the report is displaying the same data which means the Operators are not working properly.

Any suggestions? or Did you come across this situation earlier?

Thank You

---Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tested this syntax many times iin different universes without any problem.

Can you provide the definition of the filter you have created?

Didier

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you talking about adding filters in webi reports?

i think its easy,

just in the query itself you can add filter and make it as prompt.

but you have to select the operator, case this is something you have to do into the query itself.

users can not do this when they are running the report.

but there is another option which is "Quick Filter" in there users can add quick filters and select operators as they like.

good luck