cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit cost estimate in PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i have created a unit cost estimate for my material component under an activity but when i saved it, system prompts that there error due to the cost not being maintained for the component which i had created in unit cost estimate.

I have confirmed that costing variant has been created for the "costing variant for material component" and the costing relevancy is checked. What are other possiblities that i may miss out which causes system not to pick up the unit cost estimate. Ps advise.

Regards

Et.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In Valuation variant we need to mention the Material Valuation procedure (based on what strategy system pickup the cost from material master)

Strategy Sequence is Like this:

Priority --- Strategy Sequence

1---4 Planned Price

2---2 Standard Price

3---3Moving Average Price

etc...

In this scenario, when valuating the material, first system will search for Planned price available in Material Master,

Suppose Planned price for material not available, then system check for Standard price.

If standard price also not available then system check for Moving average price of the material.

If it is available system process/allow you to plan the material other wise it will through you a error message.

And one more thing, you must maintain either of the cost in the material master.This is mandatory in Unit costing.

Now I think you might understand system behavior for while calc material price unit costing.

Vemula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

thanks for the reply.

My valuation strategy has been setted to std cost and i trying to have the system to capture the cost from the unit cost estimate instead of the material master. In my material view under the activites, unit costing is checked but system still dosen't recongise it. Any other possibilities?

Regards

Et.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HAve you maintained price in material master ?

Also check strategy in Valuation variant also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether you have maintained the cost for the material or not? If you are using split valuation for the material, enter valuation type in the Batch field against the material.

Praveen