cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Standard Application and Classes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a general question is there any way or documentation from where we get to know about the SAP standard WD4A application and Assistance class or Function Modules.

Like If I want to Enhance some code or applicatin first I have to know how the standard one is working and which are the repalted application to it and what is the business logic and how this behaves .......

If any one have any idea please let me know...

Thanks

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

You can find it mostly in the SAP books which publish by SAP Press. If you want to have an overview of any functional module for example:SD, MM , PP or even in great details you need to buy those kind of books. The books cover the business process, screen, reports, web dynpro application, workflow related and BADI. It also discusses about the integration point with other modules.

Thanks,

Duy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my experience, you just have to learn to read the code. The SAP books may tell you something but they are not at the level that you'd really need them to be if you wanted to know where best to put your enhancement.

It is certainly worthwhile checking all the documentation in the classes/methods there can be some useful things there. However, generally I think you are just better off reading through the code and working out how it all hangs together. Most WDA code is reasonably well written - in that it is fairly modular and has a reasonable degree of encapsulation. This certainly helps.

This is where experience really starts to matter!

NW7.02 will give us some nice UML diagrams to help understand the application flow - that will help, but until then, it's just a matter of being good at understanding code.

Good luck.

Chris