cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade ICH 5.0 to SNC 7.0-Technical challenges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the technical challenges in upgrading ICH 5.0 to SNC 7.0?

If you have first hand experience, please share the details, any useful information and timeline details for the upgrade.

Thanks

Narayana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mallampalli_t
Explorer
0 Kudos

The note 1000565 will help you in detail while SNC upgrade.

shekhar_gupta3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Narayana,

Not sure, whether you got the information (Challenges in upgrade from ICH5.0 to SNC7.0) you were looking for.

Here are some of the issues, that we faced while upgrading from ICH5.0 to SNC7.0. Most of them are related to the customizations, we had done.

1) Many BADIs & User Exits have to be re-implemented as Enhancement Spots in 7.0. Although, SAP has given an option to run them in 5.0 compatibility mode. But, it is advisable to re-implement them in 7.0 compatibility mode.

2) SNC URL enhancements got affected as the table /scf/nav and /scf/nav got modified in the upgrade and we were using them for displaying additional link in SNC.

3) Some of the XML structures (e.g. PAN) have been enhanced in 7.0. So, if you are using them in some customization, it will be affected.

4) Name Space of many function modules (which we were using in reports) got changed from /sap/scmb,,,, to '/sap/sca...'. And, even in many cases the import and export parameters also got changed.

And many more...

Hope this gives you a fair idea!

Regards

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Can anyone please tell me whether transaction data can be transferred to SNC System from ERP without Transportation lane and MOT exists for the Product and Locations.

I hope this functionality was not there before ICH 5.0 , but it might be introduced in SNC 5.1 or SNC 7.0 , Could u pls clarify immediately ?

Thanks with Great regards ,

Amit Joshi

Senior SNC Consultant (Philips)

Edited by: AmitJoshi991982 on Jan 25, 2011 5:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Yes, Transactional data like SA or PO can be sent to SNC but it cannot be viewed on web UI unless you sent XML message and also you need to have transportation lane and means of transport assigned to it before sending such data.

Thanks

Pravin

Edited by: Pravin on Feb 16, 2011 10:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit Joshi/SNC Consultants,

This is Vasanth. SNC Consultant, Unilever.

I want to discuss with you all about SNC 7.0. To move forward our discussion please provide me your E-Mail ID.

Otherwise reach me : vasanthsapbi@gmail.com

Best,

Vasanth S

www.sapvasanth.blogspot.com