cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1 table creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to create our own custom structure or table in mdm 7.1 so that we can import our own data and save in that table.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinu,

How to create our own custom structure or table in mdm 7.1 so that we can import our own data and save in that table.

See firstly through MDM Console, Right click on MDM server>Create Repository> Here, give DBMS credentials, Repository name say Equipment and distinct (unique Port) between 2000 to 9999 say 5010 and then Press OK.

A repository gets created with this Name which have main table, now as per you requirement keep customizing entries in your Main table(required fields with desired data types) and add sub-tables(like Countries and their fields) as per your requirement.

In this way, you can create your own custom repository with required tables and fields as per your business requirement.

Note: You can add tables, fields etc only if your repository is in unloaded state. So make sure repository is unloaded before making any schema changes through MDM Console.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your valuable response.But my worry is do i need to create manulaay the structure for 1000 tables(for eg.) .isn't there any other way to import from a file so that the structure gets created in mdm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinu,

As per my understanding, either you have to do this manually or can also go for Import repository schema if you have already repository schema structure XML file. I mean we usually do this export/Import repository schema option from DEV to QUAL to PROD.Try importing this Schema structure if you already have else you have to do design this repository structure manually.

As i suggested above after creating a new repository>when your repository is in unloaded state>right click on this repository >Transport>Import Repository Schema, it will ask for your existing repository structure schema(.xml) to upload.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried uploading a xml file using the specified path.But I am getting a error while uploading that particular file as 'There are problems with the transport(XML) file which prevent it from being processed.' Please do the needful.Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinu,

Could you specify is this schema file extract from legacy system or SAP system ???

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinu,

Could you specify is this schema file extract from legacy system or SAP system ???

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is basically a XML file generated from sap system.I am trying to upload that file from desktop to MDM 7.1.Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinu,

have you try to create repository from XML schema file instead of importing, if any error occurs during create/import provide us error details

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this message - 'after creating a new repository>when your repository is in unloaded state>right click on this repository >Transport>Import Repository Schema, it will ask for your existing repository structure schema(.xml) to upload' .I tried doing this.But while Importing,one particular xml file is not being imported and I am getting the message as I have told.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.My requirement is I am having a XML File for Equipment master.Now should I create Custom table to capture those datas in MDM 7.1?if yes,how?

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinu.

First you have to finalize your business requirement to import the data to repository.

In your case, you said you have an xml for Equipment master. So you are planning to store the records of equipments in the MDM repository if I understand it correctly.

Similar to a database table, In MDM you have to create a main table and add subfields under that table.

1. Decide what item you are going to store in the MDM repository as a whole and first create a Main table.

2. Decide what are the subfields that main table contains and create those fields for the main table.

3. Check if there is any lookup table field needs to be added and if so create it as a field for the main table

4. Check if there is any taxonomy/hierarchy fields are to be added in that case identify it and add it in the table

5. Once you are done with all those information save it and load the table.

Importing data can be achieved using Import Manager(Manual Process) or Import Server (Automatic process).

More information can be found in the MDM Console, MDM Datamanager and MDM Import Manager in the follwing link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/index.htm

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your response.But my question is do we have to create the structure/Table in mdm 7.1 manually,then we have to import that xml schema.Please do help me since i am new to MDM.Thanks in advance.

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinu.

MDM Console is a tool provided by SAP to model the repository. (Prior to this you must install MDM Server and Import Server in a system).

1. Login to the MDM Console.

2. Right Click on it. Click Mount Server. Give the server name. It should be the name of the system/IP Address.

Now you will see the server running with a green icon in it.

3. Right Click on the MDM Server and click Create Repository. you have to give the database username and password to it.

Provide a name of the repository and a port number(for ex: 2222)

4. Now you will find a repository created with the name provided.(When you select the repository by default you wil find some

tables already created, you can check the column type to find the type of the table).

5. Check if there is any table of type "Main" is already created. If not Right click on the detail column and say Add Table. Give a name to the table and its type as "Main". Once it is created you will find the table created and an entry on its left hand side tree.

6. Select the newly created main table. Here you can insert your fields which you want to add. Right Click and say Add Field. Give a name and type as Text/Numeric etc.

7. Once you are done with your field creation you can load the repository.

Like wise you have to design a repository in MDM.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Bala

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinu,

Its very simple, Firstly mount you server, start you server, then select your server and then on the right side top pane --> right click and say add table.

But going by your question I would suggest you to first go through the Reference documents(console, data manager), different blogs and forum threads before you create your own data model.

Cheers,

Cherry.