cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long SID in solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am configuring Long Sid in solman for monitoring and EWA. I really appreciate if someone can help on the steps. I am checking out SDN, Notes and Google and unable to find the information that I am looking for.

Thanks in Advance,

Arjun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

hw have u done,

update your solution and mark the thread as answered.

jansi

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

In EWA the DBID is used and not the SID or Long SID by itself.

The DBID must be unique.

It is comprised of the (Installation Number + the first 3 characters of the SID (or Long_SID))

So you may not define ABC_123 and ABC_456 under the same installation Number, but you could under a different installation number. Keep in mind the system will not prevent you from makling this declaration.

Please refer to SAP Note 1257308 - FAQ: Using EarlyWatch Alert, Section 4. Restrictions and Prerequisites, point 2.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you need to do is to define the LongSID in SMSY.

The first 3 characters of the longSID should be the SID of the satellite system (eg. PRD-AA), but you should not have another system with same SID under same installation number (eg. PRD123).

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

did u read his,

[|]

jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per SAP you can define only 3 charactor SID in SAP. How can possible you can use log SID. Please go through SAP norms and use it. If you can explain why you need then we can provide the solution.

Anil