cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Error while doing PCN

rvinna
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am running into some issue with the capacity while doing PCN.

am using SU Managed WHS. with capacity check method - 4 at Storage Type and Put-away strategy u2018Lu2019

I've used neutral capacity as 100 in Material Master -WM1 view and Capacity as 300 in Storage bin capacity to accommodate 3 pallets in the bin. I am not having any issue with this capacity while put-away. As per my setting system is allowing only 3 pallets in the bin. The Stock category was Q then.

After Usage decision when I am trying to process PCN (LT05) system is throwing me an error that bin capacity is exceeded. I guess system is considering the PCN as another put away.

How do i over come this. Appreciate your help

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rvinna
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have unchecked post to same bin in WM movement type 321 . And it allowed me to process PCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inspection method 4 - check in accordance with material key figure

You can define a neutral capacity consumption relating to a unit of measure in the Warehouse Management view of the material master. You must then have defined a total capacity (also neutral) in the storage bin master data. For the putaway on a storage bin, the remaining capacity of the storage bin is calculated from the total capacity minus the capacity of the putaway materials and saved in the storage bin master record. In the case of other putaways and additions to existing stock, this remaining capacity is used to check whether the putaway is allowed on this bin. This inspection method is also suitable for storage types with mixed storage.

As I see you have maintained 100 in mmr , please note that it will use base unit of measure for this . 300 in the bin (neutal indicator). this will allow 3 of the particular material in the bin. Please note 4 does not use SUT data for capacity check.

MMR

base unit of meaure pc -

alternate unit of measure is dozen.

conversion 1 dozen = 12 pc

Capacity 100 /dozen

Bin

capacity 300

This settings allows for 3 dozens or 36 pcs. If its 100/pc , then only 3 pcs.

Regards

rvinna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajneesh!!

My base unit of measure is CV (Cases) and i defined 20 cases per PAL. and my Neutral Capacity in Material Master is 100/PAL

and my bin Capacity is 300. System allowed me only 3 Pallets in a bin. This is working fine. When when i am processing PCN it is throwing me a error that the capacity is exceed by 10.

Why is a PCN TO considered as another Put-away TO?

Regds

Raj

rvinna
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have unchecked 'Post to same bin' field in WM movement type 321 . And it allowed me to process PCN.

Thanks !!