cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I/B Delivery item category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a question on I/B Delivery item category determination. I have gone through lot of threads and didn't meet my specific question.

During creation of I/B Delivery against PO, System determines one item category by default. I want to overwrite during creation of I/B Delivery. But dont know how.

I have added my new item category ZLN as alternative item category in OVLP.

Which user exit i can use to flip this value?

Thank you

Kris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kris

Try BADI

IF_EX_LE_SHP_DELIVERY_PROC

Method

CHANGE_DELIVERY_ITEM

or

FILL_DELIVERY_ITEM.

You will find documentation against the IMG activity itself"

SPRO/IMG/Logistics Execution/Shipping/System Modifications/Business Add-Ins in Shipping/Business Add-In for Delivery Processing

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chandra for quick response.

What i need is a item category which is relevant for Put away, My current item category is not relevant for Putaway.

So what i am planning to do is change the config in User exit MV50AFZ1 so that this item category will become put away relevatn for certain deliveries.

Can you suggest it would be ok to divert the Configuration in User exit by changing config dervied values?

Thank you

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kris, I would not advise that- diverting configuration.

But flipping item cat may be OK if that is a manual alternative in the config. But changing the item cat properties from 'Put Away Irrelevant' to 'Put Away relevant' (Are we talking about picking relevance here?) is not a good idea. My 2 cents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chandra, Actually that what i am doing considering the timeline i have. I am changing the properties of item category to Putaway for certain business scenarios.

Because i am dealing with I/B Delivery here, I have got Puaway relevance instead of Picking relevance.

Please provide your comments if it would cause any negative impacts

Thank you

Kris

Edited by: Kris on Aug 31, 2010 10:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kris

As I already mentioned I think it is not safe to do. You may get hit during reversals, changes.

Item cat change option is the smoother and better option and in my view takes less time to implement than changing properties.

Hopefully others will weigh in with their suggestions.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When the PGR is done in the inbound delivery, then do the goods receipt in MIGO against the inbound delivery number (movement type 101).

This will create transfer order using which you can do the putaway.

By the way why only certain deliveries should follow putaway and others not? I think you can control this using storge location in MIGO (WM storage location/Non-WM storage location).

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chandra and Shiva for your inputs.

Chandra, Thanks for your feedback, I understood that going with new item category is better design. I am not sure what would be work involved in configuring it? Not sure if i need to take care of Copying controls between I/B Delivery and Vendor invoice. I dont know even if they exist. I have a time constraint also. For now i have implemented the changers in exit and working fine.

To answer Shiva's question, We have different businesses and different plants using same Item category ELN, I need this puaway functionality only for one plant.

Answers (0)