cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJI3 Display Project Actual Costs - inconsistent results with Posting Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I am receiving inconsistent results when running CJI3 using a Posting Date range. For example, when I run for range of 8/01/2010 - 8/31/2010, only one record shows up (with posting date 8/24/2010). When I leave the "From" date blank and keep the "To" date as 8/31/2010, I see records which were missing from the first run (records with Posting Date of 8/10/10 or 8/11/10, for example). When I run for the short range of 8/10/10 - 8/11/10, there is no result. Leaving either the "From" or "To" dates blank seems to produce the correct result but once both dates are entered many records which should be included do not appear in the results.

In addition, leaving the Project field blank produces no result even though there are several projects with applicable data in the system.

Below is the latest support pack applied in our system:

SAP_APPL 600 0013 SAPKH60013 Logistics and Accounting

Any suggestions on what might be causing this inconsistency will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Samir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In proejct field at least you need to give *. It should not be blank. Date range is the issue. It's quite strange but you can run CJEN for that project and try running. also check while executing cji3 you have not selected any dynamica selection etc...

It should not happen at all. Please chekc with other projects as well, if this results is for perticular project or across system.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have more information on this issue but still do not know a way to resolve it.

Due to an acquisition we recently changed our fiscal year variant. I believe this is causing the problem with the CO line item transactions KSB1 and CJI3. It looks like these programs derive the Posting Period based on the Posting Dates entered in the selection criteria as a basis for selecting the appropriate data to include as the result.

Even though the historical data was posted to a Posting Period per the original fiscal year variant these transactions derive a Posting Period based on the current fiscal year variant.

Here is an example:

We switched from Jan-Dec fiscal year to Oct-Sep starting September 2010. When running KSB1/CJI3 for the Posting Date range 1/1/2008 - 12/31/2008, the earliest records that are retrieved start with April, presumably because January is now Period 4 (instead of Period 1 in old fiscal year variant). I can retrieve Jan-March 2008 records only by using a Posting Date "From" value of 10/01/2009, since October this corresponds to Period 1 in the new fiscal year variant.

Since this is obviously quite clumsy, I am curious if there are any programs which will assist in regeneration of these CO line item programs so that this problem no longer exists, or if there are ways of running these programs solely by Posting Period (actual Period as opposed to derived Period) instead of Posting Date.

Thank you.

Samir

0 Kudos

hi, by any chance you have an answer for this ? we're also experiencing the same after the change of fiscal year variant. sap notes 1164418 cannot be implemented for us. thanks in advance

christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Nitin -- I didn't realize I needed to use * instead of leaving the field blank.

Ahmed, I tried applying the program correction from that note and I still have the same problem. I am currently looking at other notes to see if I can try something else. The prerequisite on that note made it seem like the problem is encountered when leaving either the From or To fields blank, but my problem is not when one is blank but when both are populated with dates for which there is valid data.

Vermula, I am not sure what you mean by "copy all records". I am merely trying to execute CJI3--what is there to copy?

Thank you all for the help so far.

Samir

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I meant to say is, in all cases just compare the document date with posting date of each line of the CJI3 report.

Vemula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

You can do the following,

Step1: First execute the report just entering the project, don't enter the dates range, copy all records with document date as well as posting date.

step2: Now input the to date field (31.08.2010), just copy all records with document date as well as posting date.

Step3: Now you can enter the dates range as from: 01.08.2010 to 31.08.2010, copy all line items as specified above with document date as well as posting date.

Now you can drill down the report line items or else observe the document date as well as posting date all above records.

Vemula

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Samir, Check this note Note 1164418 - CJI3: Message KB 422 despite line items

This note talks about date range problem.