Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select batch during TO create

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need help with this scenario:

In the Shipping process, when we create a TO against the delivery the based on FIFO strategy the system proposes a Batch and Bin according to this strategy.

When we hand the pick list to the operator, he may end up finding a different batch of that material (bulk storage with space limitations)

Is there a way change that batch on one line item during TO create? or is there a way to avoid the system from doing batch determination automatically(we want the batch to be empty)?

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rock

I am not sure if you can change the batch during TO creation, but I guess you can avoid automatic batch selection using T code OMK1 where you can keep the search procedure blank for warehouse number or combination of warehouse number and movement type as needed. So since there is no search procedure, system will not be able to find it.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is Blank for my warehouse and Mvt type, since we dont use batch determination. I am guessing because we use FIFO that is automatically picking up the batch with the oldest date.

I believe we can avoiid storing the Batch info at the Quant level and dont maintain the Batch determination strategy that way the batch wont be picked up. I am not sure if that is the right path, since we lose sight of that info.

Thank you.