cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP 6.0 EHP4 IDES Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed erp 6.0 ehp4 ides abap on a 32-bit win 2003 server following Note 1379040 - IDES ERP 6.0 ECC 6.0 incl. EHP4. The note suggests to install like a system copy changing label.asc and copying all the export files to EXP1 directory . ABAP is installed successfully.

Now i want to Install java EHP4 IDES. When i try to run it seperately again like a system copy the sapinst screen does not accept the label.asc in export directory.How do i proceed on this. Can i use the same export DVD i used for ABAP. If anyone has does this please let me know how to install JAVA .

Thanks

James

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James

There is no Ehp4 Java ides. Also starting with enhancement packages onwards, both abap stack and java stack products should be installed separately. also you cannot use the export dvd of abap for java.

Thank you

Sahad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sahad Thanks for the reply,

So i understand that i have to install java seperately with another set of DVD's. Do you know if i can install this on a 32-bit machine (JAVA 7.01) ? FYI, i installed abap as a system copy cos it was a 32-bit machine.

Thanks

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyce

There is no java ides versions. However you can install Nw 7.01 java on a IA32 32bit with windows server 2003 version.

Go to service.sap.com\swdc and download the installation dump for NW 7.01 JAVA.

Thank you

Sahad