Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table for security roles - Query - Description

former_member318517
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm looking for a table where once plugging in the security role, I would receive the Query (Query / Template) technical name and the description fo the query

I've tried AGR_HIER howerver SAP_GUID field is blank. The role comes up and the query description comes up but not the technical name. I'm wondering if it's because of how the query was added to the role but they to my knowledge add it via Query Designer.

I could always go to RSA1...Metadata Repository...and find the role which will give me the query technical name and description but I'd prefer a table that I can download.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

try agr_hiert for the text and agr_buffi for the link. The object_id is useful for the match (also used in agr_hier).

b.rgds, Bernhard

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

BI roles to query relationship not a easy task, it looks like a convoluted process.

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

try agr_hiert for the text and agr_buffi for the link. The object_id is useful for the match (also used in agr_hier).

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Thanks Bernhard, that is helpful however I can only do one role at a time. If I do multiple security roles, I'll see the Object ID duplicated for different both the Node Text in one table and URL Link in the other table. For example Object ID 10 can be linked to two seperate Node Text entries and two seperate URL entries.

I can do one role at a time but again, if I put the same role into both tables, I get decent results but one table shows 27 entries and one shows 28 entries....so one query is missing.

It's a start though I guess. Thanks for the tables.

0 Kudos

Found problem with different entries. AGR_HIERT actually shows folders as well and if I can concatinate sp? both the role ID and Object ID I can use that as a primary key and use multiple roles.

THanks again.

0 Kudos

Check the other (single) fields of the tables.

Analyzing single fields of tables is always error prone, because application programs are more sophisticated than that and also have foreign keys.

SE16 etc might be respecting that, or not.... when you go directly to the table without respecting the application logic.

In my experiences using table analysis is increasingly misleading.

A classic example is the system profile parameters for "idle" passwords, when used. It confuses the hell out of auditors with issues which are irrelevant and out-of-date.

It also causes lots of problems with programs which update those single fields...

Also, SE16 etc will not necessarily show you everything.

My 2 cents,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi

Been a while since I used the tables but if I'm on the right ones then you need to double-click the entries field and set to 'single' so the only the role name will be reported and none of the other description texts.

Sorry if this is a bit vague but I haven't got SAP access to back up the statement...

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

0 Kudos