cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An Easier way to find forum thread which were answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Support Team,

Here is a suggestion (i do not know how easy or tough it would be to ger the required changes).

When an end user seraches for a thread in the forum for e.g. "LOGONHELPAPP", a list of say 15 threads are found (on 2 pages). Now for an end user to figure out which thread has been answered and which has not is difficult to find unless he opens all the threads in the list. To make it easier for the end users can't the support team come up with some kind of green or red mark which shows which thread is answered and which is not. This would save a lot of time for the end users as he/she can save just see the ones which have been answered first and then go to the other ones if needed. Also if people can then sort the search results by the threads which are answered or not answered would also help end users and make it more easy for any new bee.

Regards

Amish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use fuzzy search to find answered threads. For example : Import process~

Find answered threads with blue/black star,Green star(6 points)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I search I see the "answered" Star to the right of the subject line

Where are you looking?

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Althea,

When you search for something in SDN forum, this is what you see as the output in the search results.

Forum16 Jan 2009Gary RamageForum: PortalPortal Content Development

... component sap.com/tcsecumewdenduser application name LogonHelpApp.... Logon Help Dynpro Java application (LogonHelpApp).

Modify Logon Help application

Forum28 Apr 2010Laxmi MalyalaForum: PortalPortal Content Development

... Can we modify the tcsecumewdenduser/LogonHelpApp application?

etc

You do not see the STAR there. Yes, when you open the thread you do see that if its answered or not but not in the search results. I was asking the support team to see if they can incorporate that so that it is easy for end users.

Hope i answered your query..

Amish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apparently, you and I are not searching the same forum.

Any place I am that starts with : "SAP Community Network Forums " and has a field for search terms - I DO see stars - "Thread is resolve" stars; "Thread contains helpful answers" stars; "thread contains very helpful answers" stars.

I'll be interested tio hear the difference between your search and mine is.

Althea

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Althea is right.

If the user has closed the thread assigning points, then in the search result you will able see the stars (Black or Green or Yellow) to the right of the forum name, which is to the right of the thread name.

However, if no points are assigned to the thread then no such stars appear.

I dont understand what is the confusion here, unless as Althea said you are searching a different forum

pk

EDIT: Supposed unprofessional word removed. Did not mean to belittle anybody. Sorry about that. It was not my intention to hurt anybody.

Edited by: kishan P on Aug 31, 2010 12:56 PM

esjewett
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amish,

This happens when you use the SDN-wide search (the search at the very top of the page). If you use the forum search (when you are in a forum it is the search field labeled "forum search", with a "Go" button), then you will see whether the threads returned are closed and how many points where assigned.

Aligning the two searches (really, how many search functions do we need?) and/or providing this information in the main SDN search would be very nice and would get rid of a lot of confusion.

Ethan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ethan,

Thanks. I did figure that out yesterday but was not able to update the thread. Anyway thanks guys. Hope you all have a great day ahead.

Amish