Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Transport of Authorization Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a authorization object in my development and transported it to testing. In the transport log I can see that it was succesfully imported but I am not able to see the Authorization object in SU21 of testing system but I tried to see that Authorization object through SUIM and able to see that object.

I tried to create a sample role and assign this authorization object manually to that role but not able to do that.

Can any one help me in this issue.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you run transaction SU21 the system will check if authorisation object S_DEVELOP has been assigned to your user.

S_DEVELOP is tested for the following field values.

ACTVT=03;

DEVCLASS= ;

OBJNAME= ;

OBJTYPE=SUSO;

P_GROUP= ;

If you do not have access to this authorisation object in production, try to add it to your user.

Best regards

Karsten

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess that you have your custom authorization class. Is there any chance that you forgot to transport this class? If your objects are assigned to this class and the class is missing then I doubt that it will appear in SU21 tree.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I guess that you have your custom authorization class. Is there any chance that you forgot to transport this class?

Two/three years ago for a similar scenario I did the same mistake(did not transport) to help a functional team to add custom object and custom field name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply

Yes I forgot to transport Authorization class. I have done that now and able to access the Authorization object.

Can you please let me know the complete process whether we have to transport only Authorization class...

Then the Authorization object will be transported on its own..

Thanks in advance

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, including authorization class to transport does not mean that all objects from this class will be also transported.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Martin,

Do you mean that I have to transport Authorization class and the authorizations objects related to that class separately I mean separete transport request.

Thanks,

Rahul

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. You can transport them in one transport.

Cheers