cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HELP Configuration -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 and configured SAP Help in SR13 => HtmlHelpFile (Tab) with below parameters.

variant: SAP HELP

platform :WN32

Area: IWBHELP

path:
<Server>\HTMLHELP

Language: EN

Default: Yes

Now this server path is accessable from all the user PCs.

The problem is, when help is triggered (F1) the application help window (SAP Library) is opening with complete content tree, even I can drill down the tree and open sub windows, but on the right pane where the respective text is supposed to be displayed.

there is no text Instead getting the information/error

"Navigation to the webpage was canceled"

What you can try:

Retype the address

Please suggest a solution.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Note 857216 - SAP help files (.chm) not displayed correctly

I would rather use PlainHtmlHttp as above except have the files stored on a local server.

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply friends!

As per my understanding the PlainHtmlHttp help is displayed in the browser, but we do not want to use the browser, rather we would like to use the standard help window option ( HtmlHelpFile ).

So if I eliminate the option of using PlainHtmlHttp (using browser) and use the option HtmlHelpFile (standard window) which does not use the browser. And this is nothing to do with the browser settings as per the SAP note 857216.

Please correct me if I'm wrong and suggest a solution.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and use the option HtmlHelpFile (standard window) which does not use the browser

This is incorrect, Microsoft Help Files use Internet Explorer(just not the way you are used to seeing it) to display the files, it is after all just compiled HTML data. The note applies.

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use SR13 in 000 client with an SAP_ALL user add an entry with as path a directory contatining HELP DATA retrieved from HELP CD.

Go to transaction SR13

Select Tab PlainHtmlHttp and enter the following:

Variant: <Give a name>

Platform: Win32

Area: IWBHELP

Server Name: http://help.sap.com

Path: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm70ehp1_sp23/helpdata/en

Language: EN or DE

Regards

Nagaraju

Edited by: MYLAVARAPUNAGARAJU on Aug 30, 2010 8:17 PM

Edited by: MYLAVARAPUNAGARAJU on Aug 30, 2010 8:20 PM