cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with SAP Query (SQ02) with change request management ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

When you want to transport some SAP query objects (infoset, queries...) from transaction SQ02, it creates automatically a new Transport Request.

This TR contains no task (object directly assigned in the TR) and is not useable for Solution Manager as Change Manager (because the TR is not assigned to any project).

Have you an idea how to avoid that a new TR is created and to force the possibilitty to use a "already created" TR from Change Request Management.

Thank you very much

Matthieu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this was posted a long time ago but I had a similar issue just now.

I had made some changes to a the query but instead of file transport the client required a request based transport, and they use Solution Manager for transport request management.

The client created a request and provided me (TR1). I had to export the query and infoset, which ended up generating another transport request (TR2).

Once that was done I copied the objects for this newly created transport request (TR2) to the client's one (TR1).

The only issue with this is that on the destination environment, while importing the query/infoset, you'll have to fill in the TR2 instead of the TR1, since TR1 transports table data, and this table data had the TR2 as its key.

Hope it helps.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello there,

SQ02 transports are not supported by ChaRM to be assigned automatically to a change document . There is no way yet to do this automatically with customizing from ChaRM, if you want to automatize this process coding is necessary.

You could try changing the attributes of the transport request manually and entering the CTS project, then registering it in ChaRM to a change document manually.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ok, thanks. It is a work-around solution but not sufficient fir our process on ChaRM. We have opened an OSS message for this issue.

Matthieu