cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer the data from SOLMAN 3.1 to 7.0 EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I upgrade my Solution Manger from 3.1 to NW 7.0 EHP1.

For that i changed the system from 32 bit to 64 bit, Database from Oracle 9 to 10g.

Now, i want to transfer the support desk tickets, bp numbers and all from old "3.1" to new "NW 7.0 EHP1".

Is there ant method to do that?

How to do that?

Kindly help me on this.

With regards,

Luckshmanan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did that upgrade in test server.

Now, i want to copy the support desk message and bp number data from old ( PRD ) to new ( TEST SERVER ).

Old is Solution Manger 3.1, Oracle 9, RHEL 4, 32 bit system

New is Solution Manger NW 7.0 EHP1, Oracle 10g, RHEL 5, 64 bit system

I thought, by using LSMW and BDC, that is possible.

The problem is,

In the old server, there are 84 fields in the Support Desk Message structure. But, in the new one, there are 94 fields.

Few field data type / length are changed in the new one

Is it possible by LSMW and BDC ?

Is there any other method to do that?

How to do that?

Kindly help me on this.

With regards,

Luckshmanan.

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From my perspective, there is no need to do a manual transfer of messages from 3.1 to 7.0 system, when you performing an upgrade.

Perform the upgrade on (a copy of) the productive system. Once, you have finsh the upgrade, all messages should still be available.

As outlined above, there is no standard functionality to transfer service desk messages. Very likely, a consulting solution will exist.

Ruediger

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I upgrade my Solution Manger from 3.1 to NW 7.0 EHP1.

> For that i changed the system from 32 bit to 64 bit, Database from Oracle 9 to 10g.

If you have done an upgrade of your SolMan 3.1 system to 7.0 EhP1, all data should be still in the system.

I assume, that you have installed a new SolMan system in parallel. I am not aware of an easy procedure to transfer service desk messages from 3.1 to 7.0 SolMan.

Regards,

Ruediger