cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Fax on ERP 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to setting the fax on ECC 6.0,for sending FAX from SAP. I´ve searched about the configuration guide, but It´s very confused with the sapcomm and smtp.

For sending, the mail server refers to the domain of their recipients' addresses and forwards the e-mails either to an internal fax/text message server (for example SMS=491759628717 sms-server.company .com), or to an external provider (for example FAX=16105954900 fax-provider.com). For receiving, the fax/text message server or provider sends e-mails to addresses with the SAP system's domain (for example FAX=+496227751624 crm-prod.company.com

It´s mandatory to have and software for manage the send/receive of the fax? It´s not possible to do with the SMTP Server??

More thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_mulvey
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

If you wish to use faxes wrapped in emails then you have to configure your SMTP node to accept faxes. The format of the sending address is <FAX=+number @domain>.

If you wish to use a different address format to the default <FAX=number@domain> format then you may configure a different address template for SAPConnect to use depending on how you populate the 'Domain' field in the Fax settings of your SMTP node in SCOT. (SCOT -> Node "SMTP" -> Button Fax "Set" -> Field Domain). Normally this 'Domain' field would only contain the actual domain part of the address (excluding the @ symbol) - the local part of the address (that part before the @) would then built by default according to the RFC3191/3192 format. This would lead to a format such as <FAX=number @domain>.

However if you need to use a different address format, you may do so by including the $ symbol and @ symbol in the 'Domain' field. In this case the contents of the 'Domain' field is taken as a pattern for building the complete email address for fax ie. the pattern must include the local part as well as the domain. The following are the requirements for using such a template:

-> The $ sign is a variable for the recipient's fax number.

-> The $ sign must be contained in the local part of the email address.

-> The number will consist of digits only (all other characters like ( )

/ - . will be stripped off).

-> The number will be adapted for international dialing (i.e. the

country code will be added at the beginning of the number, if

applicable a leading digit, e.g. zero, will be removed), no + will be

inserted automatically.

-> Other characters can be added in front of or at the end of the number

(if a + sign is required in front of the country code it must be

specified in the pattern).

-> No other variable (like e.g. a 'Visible name') can be used in the

pattern. This is applicable to the format you are wishing to use.

Therefore the "number @server.domain" format can be achieved by

entering $@server.domain in the 'Domain' field.

Hope this helps.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

As far as I know, you should use an external Fax server.

In that case, you have to configure SAPConnect in the INT node, not in SMTP node.

In my company we've been using fax servers for a long time and it works OK.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Francisco

Edited by: Francisco José Martínez Carretero on Aug 31, 2010 11:27 AM