Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Content server required for CRM Module

hanamanth_honyal
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

We want to implement/install additional content server in order to minimise the load on CRM server.

Can I get what is the approximate cost for Hardware & Implementation Cost.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

hanamanth_honyal
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Content server sizing is a separate exercise that you need to carry out in conjunction with your Basis team and the customer. Capture details along parameters like Office/Plant from where docs would be accessed, the available network bandwidth,number of users,number of transactions per day,maximum size of a single file,number of documents generated/day that would be uploaded and the growth plan for the next 3 years.Once done,the Basis team will provide you with details like CPU,RAM,OS,bandwidth and hard disk space that would be needed from which the cost can be calculated.

In your case,as the volume of documents is minimal, you may continue with your current approach of storage with occasional maintainence if needed.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

hanamanth_honyal
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ravindra/Pradeep,

Thanks for clarifying the things.

In CRM transaction without content server support till what size file i can attach, so that CRM performance should not go down.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Normally 5-10 max. MB can be attached withour disturbing performance of the system. I hope this will focus more.

Award if useful.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Several factors are taken into account to arrive at a safe upload limit.Eg:network bandwidth,RAM speed.Going by my experience,normally,files upto 15MB can be uploaded without hassle in a landscape with 1.5MBPS speed.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

first calculate the volume of documents and based on that you can quote for hardware. We have 5TB content server in my current project which costs around 20 lacs.

I hope this wll help.

Regards,

Ravindra

hanamanth_honyal
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ravindra,

Thanks for reply.

Say Daily approximately around 8 MB to be attached, what is the thamb rule for calculation.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

There is no fix rule. But this is done logically now your requiremnet is that you need a space of 2GB per year (as per 8MB per day). This is very less volume ,say you will use 6-8 MB in 3 years. In your case no need to install and use external content server. You can use SAP database as repository for your documents.

Hope this will resolve your query.

Regards,

Ravindra