cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDIS skipping import of blank files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a situation where in the Inbound Port at times a blank text file /0KB file arrives . Since the port is set for automated polling the blank file also gets picked up and moves to the Archive . However there is an integration process which needs to write contents /data in that file .This process of writing has a time lag of few seconds . Since the file has moved to Archive by that time the process do not find place to write its content .

Is there any way we can configure MDIS not to import any 0 KB file .

Thanks,

Prabuddha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabuddha,

there is no such setting in MDM. I think it may be better to write the file to another directory and, after writing is finished, copy it to the port folder of MDM.

Best regards

Christian

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the propositions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally, blank files go to the structural expeption folder. It is not supposed to go to Archive folder as i observed in my projects. i do not know why in your case files are going to Archive folder.

As per mandeep, you may ignore these blank files at XI level.

Thanks,

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabuddha,

I agree with Christian that there is no such setting in MDM.

I would suggest if you are using PI as middle ware to send this 0 kb xml file at ready folder, you can stop this in PI.

In PI>communication Channel>Processing Tab-->Empty-Message Handling=Ignore.

So in this way file with Empty XML file (0 KB) at ready folder of MDM will not come and thus will not go Archive folder.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini