cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF type files are not opening automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to generate a url for a document created in cv01n (which has a pdf attached within) by using a FM SCMS_DOC_URL_READ

Which return a url like this

http://host:port/sap/bc/contentserver/100?docGet&pVersion=0045&contRep=DMS_C1&docId=4C79BBCCC5A02AC0...

Problem here is that this file is not getting opened automatically in adobe readder, rather i have to save it, explicitly as .PDF and then if i open it, its ok.

Tried to analyze headers and found that actuall pdf is encapsulated inside a multipart/form-data, and think that is the reason.

I am using SAP_R# staorage as storage_Category.

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

content-type: multipart/form-data; boundary=ejjeeffe0

content-length: 12416

x-datec: 2010-08-30

x-timec: 08:09:13

x-datem: 2010-08-30

x-timem: 08:09:13

x-numcomps: 1

x-contrep: DMS_C1

x-docid: 4C79BBCCC5A02AC0E1000000966AC45C

x-docstatus: online

x-pversion: 0045

server: SAP NetWeaver Application Server / ABAP 701

--ejjeeffe0

Content-Type: application/pdf

Content-Length: 12134

X-compId: ZNC_PRINT_INCIDENT.pdf

X-Content-Length: 12134

X-compDateC: 2010-08-30

X-compTimeC: 08:09:13

X-compDateM: 2010-08-30

X-compTimeM: 08:09:13

X-compStatus: online

X-pVersion: 0045

any hints?

regards

Subhash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Wherever you are having links or urls in SAP or outside SAP for DMS , you need to click on the link and then you are entering into SAP DMS screen and then you have to open the original by clicking on displai icon or the original.

URL or links are only the links to enter into the SAP DMS and you need to click to view the documents. Nowhere facility is available for automatic opening of the original which is saved in SAP DMS.

Now check your URL if it enters the dms screen or able to view the ,pdf document then I think your requirement is fulfilled. and for opening this document you need to click on it.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravindra thanks for inputs.

as i said with this link contents of pdf are opened but not associated with adobe reader so the only tihng missing here is association.

I get open or save dialogue on MS XP but i have to choose between list of applications (open with dialog box appears)

because content type is not application/pdf on top level.

hope it make clear

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Found another FM to achieve this

SDOK_PHIO_GET_URL_FOR_GET

this does exactly what i wanted.

If i Pass file name as COMP_ID parameter in previous FM also that also works.

thanks for all help

this is solved

Regards

Subhash Soni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash Soni,

Can you please tell me what are the parameters you have passed to get the pdf file open directly.

Thank you,

Regards,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again,

another quick finding

if I change this command parameterlike 'get' instead of 'docGet' in url then i get this error but looks like actual file is not encapsulated

error is:

Signature Required: ContRep. DMS_C1, DocId 4C79BBCCC5A02AC0E1000000966AC45C, DocProt dru, AccessMode r

Subhash