cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS user authorities on SUSE with webdispatcher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope this is the right subforum..

I have installed a webdispatcher on a machine, not using sapinst. The machine is a SUSE SLES 9 without a SAP system running on it, in a demilitarized zone. Everything is working fine. Only thing is that it's running as root at the moment. Normally, <sap>adm is used to start the webdispatcher, but I don't have one on this machine. I can't create users using sapinst, because there is no x-server installed and ports are blocked to do it remote. The installation guide only refers to the sapinst installation.

A new user is created to perform this task, but I haven't got a clue which rights it should have. Of course as less as possible.

Does anyone know this, or where I can find documentation?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

The main problem is the privilege to bind the TCP port with a normal user.

To solve this, you should only provide the s-bit to the icmbnd program and you can start the web dispatcher with a normal user (without privileges).

You can read more about in:

421359 ICM: Binding ports < 1024 on Unix

cheers, Clébio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Almost forgot this thread Sorry. Clébio, indeed with the ICMBND program we got the things running. Thanks for helping us out!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all,

We're investigating right now, will keep you posted. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you can creat any other user; why dont u creat sapsid user itself. And change permission of the entier forder to sapsid and start the webdispatcher again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have another box to refer to as template for the user?

Usually the sidadm has group sapsys (default gid 101) and /home/sidadm with csh as shell. That is all you will need, using bash on SLES is also possible, choose the one you like more.

Cheers Michael