Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed U3D Files

ChristianFi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I wonder if it is possible to create a form which has an U3D file embedded such as the following link show as example.

[http://www.immdesign.com/3dpdf.html]

Did anybody try that? What would be the steps/requirements.

Any suggestion welcome.

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

first: I have never tried.

second: I think (not sure!) I saw a demo on this in some of the Adobe demos. So I would ask the same questions at adobe.com or maybe try to get in touch with some of their core gurus and they could help you do this. Maybe, i just don´t understand your process, but looks like you don´t need SAP much for this task, hm? You would like to read the picture from the MIME repository of SAP together with the master data? Just wondering...

Regards Otto

ChristianFi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply,

as a matter of fact at the momemt there is not a real requirement behind that but just the general wondering if it is possible.

But it would be nice to have an order confirmation with a nice 3d picture of our product. Or think of a bill of material where the user could just cklick the parts he wants to purchase.

We would like to use master data from SAP and merge them with U3D files using the Adobe document service. (rather a print solution than a real interactive document).

I have seen some slides where I can see that U3D files can imported and manipulated. But when I try to import via transaction sfp. But it does not display the 3d picture. It seems to assume that it is is an embedded picture.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

there's a SAP solution for that topic called SAP 3D Visual Enterprise.

If you would like to learn more about SAP 3D Visual Enterprise feel free to contact me.

Michael