cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which TCP/IP ports do I have to open in order to get communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an enterprise portal. based on EHP1 and I want to patch it. So I need to connect it to Solution manager.

However systems are in different networks.

I wander which TCP/IP ports do I have to open in order to get communication between the two systems.

I am trying to fid documentation for this case but every documentation asumes systems are in same network

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Jan

When you execute an RFC connection it uses the gateway port that is 33XX where XX is the number of the ABAP instance.

Some Jcos uses the same value as the gateway, in this case is the same port 33XX.

Mu suggestion is check this pdf below.

TCP/IP Ports Used by SAP Applications

SAP SAP Documentation (PDF 145 KB) 09 April 2009

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/4e515a43-0e01-0010-2da1-9bcc452c280b

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's fascinating that that document hasn't been replaced/updated in five years.  Regardless, I've noticed an inconsistency in how they list the needed ports. 

For example, they mention that port 5nn13 is needed for (I think) the Netweaver Start Service, and mention that the nn should be replaced with the instance number (00-99).  That's one hundred ports (50013, 50113, 50213, ... 59913).  Yet, in the "Range" column, they significantly mis-describe that as 50013-59913, which adds another 9801 completely unnecessary holes to put into a firewall.  (e.g. 50026, 51058, 53077, etc etc)

They do that for most of the ranges they use that nn shorthand with... 5nn00, 5nn01, 5nn14, 5nn16, etc.

In short, following the description they give in the "Range" column will have one opening thousands upon thousands of unnecessary holes in the firewall.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello there,

The only documentation I know with information about ports to be opened in Solution Manager is http://service.sap.com/instguides -> Solution Manager -> release 7 EHP1 -> the security guide has some information.

Why exactly you want to connect the EP to the Solution Manager? Depending on the purpose of the connection, a different setup may be needed.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jan,

My question If both are in different network how you will connect each other

FYI , port will remain same for connectivity , these will not depend on network type.

Further more if you want to patch EP , you can add stack files in Service market place and then approve in Solution manager , So in this case it is not mandatory t have connectivity between SOLMAN and EP.

Regards,