cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing group for free text SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We have a requirement to change the purchasing group for free text & catalog SC's. We are using SRM 7.0. Normal procedure is to select the material from catalog, purchasing group is selected & once it is approved a PO is created.

But, now the requirement is that if a user is selecting a catalog material, then the selection of purchasing group should be restricted as per the business.

And if the SC is being created from Free text, then the purchaser's selection should be restricted to very few options in drop down.

Is it possible? I was thinking if the selection of purchasers could be restricted using BADI: BBP_PGRP_ASSIGN_BADI or BBP_PGRP_FIND BADI. But, there is no option for differentiation based on SC created using Catalog & SC's created from free text.

Can anyone please help me with this.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhakti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BBP_PDIGP-CATALOGID

In BBP_PD

0r

CRMD_ORDERADM_I - item_type value

you might have clue.

to distinguise between free text sc or catalog

check

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhakti

You can do this by restricting the Product Category Responsibilities for purchase groups in Organization Structure.

Regards

Virender Sinhg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reply.

@Muthu: I explored the tables, but the only difference I could find between the catalog & free text SC materails is that the product id is missing for free text SC. Based on this I am unsure if any BADI can be used. Kindly let me know, if the BADI's can be called on this criteria.

@ Virendra: I doubt if that, that can be solution, since the product cataegory for free text cannot be fixed. It will depend on user requirement.

Pls help me to define the purcahsing groups for free text SC's.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhakti

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please send bbp_pd for catalog item. sap left some witness to identify as catalog with item table too

Jason :- Is it true that can we find from BBP_PD this item came from catalog or not. i am pretty sure has might registering that thisitem come from catalog. please share your thoughts.

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Yes the field worked for justifying the SC as free text ot not. Thanks again.

Regards,

Bhakti

Answers (0)