cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a scenario of creating 2 outbound ports for the same remote system with 2 different syndication map.

The port is used for syndicating the MATMAS

i want to activate only one port at a time.

Kindly advice me is there any option to activate only one port at a time so that the XML files are formed at the specific port ready folder

Awaiting for your valuable answers

Regards,

Antony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

I would not recommend for changing Port from Manual to Automatic or vice-versa as it results you in always repository unload to make changes in Port for changing Processing Type. So loading-unloading repository just for changing these Processing Type will have impact on your business.

I would suggest rather than this use two Workflows. As you have 2 different syndication map say (s1 and s2), assign one map(s1) to WF1 and lly assign 2nd map(s2) to WF2. WF will consist of just three steps.

Start>Syndicate(assign syndication map)>Stop.

So as per requirement whatever records you want to syndicate, select those records and add to either WF1 or WF2 and thus in this way XML files will be formed at the specific port ready folder i.e. one port at a time.

Note: Your syndication services must be running (MDSS) and set your both Port Processing Type = Manual if you want to use these Ports in MDM Workflows.

Hope it helps..

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.It really helped

However i have the following questions

1. why we should have 2 workflow?

Can we not change the port in the syndicate step of a single workflow itself?

2. Will the above step require to unload and load the respository?

3. Why we always go for the processing type as Manual in Port?

4. In scheduled syndication i have seen the processing type kept as Automatic.. What is the implication of it?

Please help to resolve my queries

Thanks for the valuable answers

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

1. why we should have 2 workflow?

Can we not change the port in the syndicate step of a single workflow itself?

Yes, you can change the port (assign the port in syndicate step of workflow) but you have to change this port manually everytime as per your port requirement by using MDM workfow Visio which i think should be avoided.

2. Will the above step require to unload and load the respository?

No, using MDM workflow this is not required at all.

3. Why we always go for the processing type as Manual in Port?

See, in syndicate step of MDM workflow you can assign Port only if its Processing Type = Manual. This is must condition to assign port in syndicate step of MDM workflow else you could not able to assign port to syndicate step. Other thing your (MDSS) syndication services should be running to syndicate records actually else it will not syndicate as syndicate step only mark records for syndication.

4. In scheduled syndication i have seen the processing type kept as Automatic.. What is the implication of it?

See during syndication if you set Processing Type = Automatic, you can set Processing interval as continuous, Hourly, Daily, and Weekly as per your requirement. e.g. for 1 port you can scheduled it daily with time say 11 am and for your2nd port you can set it daily 11pm. So this is also one way when files will be syndicated only one port at a time with a difference of 12 hours automatically. If it fits in your requirement, you can also go ahead with it.

Similarly you can use interval weekly, file will be automatically scheduled after every 7 days and here you can also set any day of the week for port 1 say monday so every next syndication will occur on moday itself after 7 days, and for 2nd port yuo can set it on some other day say friday as per requirement.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Thanks for your valuable answers

It really helped me a lot

Regards,

Antony

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

i would suggest create two extra fields in MDM for two port for e.g. Port1 and Port2 with boolean value Yes or No and then set Port1 = "Yes" in free form search and save this parameter in MDM syndication MAP for Port1 and same way for Port2 = "Yes" . As you created seperate map for each port

Above mention point result as follows

1. If records contain value Port1 = "Yes" will syndicate only XML file for Port1 same way for Port2

2. If records contain value Port1 = "Yes" and Port2 = "Yes" then xml will generate in Port1 and Port2

Hope this will resolve your problem if not revert back

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony

Are the ports defined for Automatic syndication? If yes then for one of the ports you can chnage the processing type from Continuous to Manual.

Also in the syndication map attached to one of the ports you can put a filter condition such that no records are picked for syndication.

hpe this helps-Ravi

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested by Ravi, You can switch Processing types of the Port from Manual to Automatic or Vice Versa and can easily achieve your requirement. this is the best way to achieve your requirement.

Just in case you are using PI as middle ware, then you can also give a try at the middle ware end.

I feel, changing syndication map will not be a good practice, if you may switch between ports many times ..

Best Regards,

Shiv