cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Reserve Fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the DMS Reserve fields commonly used for?

Would it be possible, for example, to use one field to show the number of attached originals on a DIR in CV04n, or show the number of checked out documents against a DIR in CV04n?

Please advise.

BR.

Freddie.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Freddie,

The reserve field can be used to show no. of attached originals but it will work as manual not automatic. while creating a DIR creator has to put the value of no. of attachements and then modifier can modify also. but it will work as manual.

for displaying check out item or no.s it can't be used. To view check out items or DIR's you may use BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKOUTVIEW

other usages of reserve fields , you can refer my previous post.

Hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Freddie,

The reserve fielsd can be used to maintain data like plant, departments and also document number as it is on original.

This depends on your additional field requirement. These fields are for that purpose only.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Where can i find the reserve fields in CV01N / CV02N ?

Venkat

Edited by: VenkatSrinvas Konda on Sep 17, 2010 7:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create an alternative screen with different fields for a document type. Four reserve fields are defined (RES1 to RES4) in table DRAW. You must define your own PBO and PAI processes for these fields.

Use screen 0101 in module pool SAPLCV00 as template.

When you create an alternative screen, please note the following:

• The processing logic must match the logic of screen 0101 in program SAPLCV00.

• You need to create a program in which the PBO and PAI FORM routines are processed at the required time points.

• You need to enter the name of the program in Customizing for document management (define document types) in the AScEx. (program exit for alternative screen) field.

Note:

Please note that you can also maintain additional fields using the classification system.

Keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cant we activate reserve fileds using Config? Length of reserve fileds can be changed?