cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Lookup in UDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

i'm facing a weird problem, i have implmented three scenarios IDOC - > FILE, inside each mapping i created an UDF

that call an RFC function that brings me an accounting value, the rfc call another FM : LAST_DAY_IN_PERIOD_GET.

of course i give the UDF some parameters the BS, the name of CC.

my probleme is in quality environment, randomly in some of those three scenarios, the rfc brings me a null value.

and i dont why and how to solve this issue.

thanx in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that you have provided the correct (Quality) BS name as well as correct CC name.

Also Make sure that data is there in the corresponding tables.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx for your replies, but the RFC is working fine and it gives back some outputs data, but there is smthng weired happens sometimes, it s whene i edit the Communication channel whithout changing anything, it starts working and i gote in the file the right data.

Edited by: hakimos on Sep 1, 2010 1:38 PM

maciej_jarecki
Contributor
0 Kudos

tcode: sxi_cache and data refresh. try to test mapping more than once and see results. You can use trace class in mapping for further debuging.

Regards

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

well i thank it because of the Backup of XI, since they backup XI eveynight that explain whey every morning the RFC stop working, do you have any idea how to solve this problem.

thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

It can't be due to backup otherwise you may face problmes in other channels too. Delete the channel and create it again and then try.. it seems a cache issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

so why when i just edit the channel just modifying the description and save-activate, the scenario start working and also look what they say here :

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

whats happend if you execute the RFC with the values that you pass from PI and return you a null value? does it works?

does any server is shutting down recently? i faced the problem if PI server was restarted or shutting down for any reason i had to refresh the RFC channel adding a comment for example and active it again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

well when i execute the RFC in se37 with the same parameter of PI ilt gives me the right uotput.

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

what about the servers? do you have any ack if any server vas restarted of shutting down at any moment??

did you check the Communication Channel Monitoring to check if any error exist for the RFC LookUp channel??

check that if you still havent do it

Edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra on Sep 10, 2010 11:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, this problem happend whene we backup XI or the server was rebooted., do you know how to solve this problem.

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Edit the channel (add a description) an activate it again. i dont remenber, but what do you see in Communication Channel Monitoring?? if you face any error, please paste it here

Edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra on Sep 21, 2010 12:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

ii know that when i edit the CC the scenario statrts working, but i need to automate this task, bcz wo do a backup each night.

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i faced this problem some years ago, a ticket was open to sap and thay told us that it was a bug but never gave us the patch or the solution. apparently it never was solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

this the error

Errorcom.sap.aii.mapping.lookup.LookupException: Problem when calling an adapter by using communication channel CC_RFC_FM_Out_3 (Party: , Service: BS_FP_QR0_210, Object ID: b790616ffd613ba9ad31f8ac8a610754) XI AF API call failed. Module exception: 'error while processing the request to rfc-client: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: RfcAdapter: receiver channel has static errors: can not instantiate RfcPool caused by: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.RfcAdapterException: error initializing RfcClientPool:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.repository.RfcRepositoryException: can not connect to destination system due to: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to SAP gateway failed Connect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=retail-qua SYSNR=70 GWHOST=retail-qua GWSERV=sapgw70 PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR partner '10.255.2.23:sapgw70' not reached TIME Tue Sep 21 05:46:16 201 RELEASE 700 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 38 RC -10 MODULE nixxi.cpp LINE 2513 DETAIL NiPConnect SYSTEM CALL connect ERRNO 79 ERRNO TEXT A remote host refused an attempted connect operation. COUNTER 6 '. Cause Exception: 'RfcAdapter: receiver channel has static errors: can not instantiate RfcPool caused by: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.RfcAdapterException: error initializing RfcClientPool:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.repository.RfcRepositoryException: can not connect to destination system due to: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to SAP gateway failed Connect_PM TYPE=A ASHOST=retail-qua SYSNR=70 GWHOST=retail-qua GWSERV=sapgw70 PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR partner '10.255.2.23:sapgw70' not reached TIME Tue Sep 21 05:46:16 201 RELEASE 700 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 38 RC -10 MODULE nixxi.cpp LINE 2513 DETAIL NiPConnect SYSTEM CALL connect ERRNO 79 ERRNO TEXT A remote host refused an attempted connect operation. COUNTER 6 '.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

well i have sent a ticket to the sap market place about this problem, well they told me to see the two points Q20 and Q17 in the note OSS number 730870, fortunatly this manip solved the problem.

thanx 4 people whom answered me.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check Table/FM has data or not for the input paramater, that could be the reason.

Regards,

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

i chcked but the FM returns some data